+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Club in turmoil?

Club in turmoil?

I am asking this, as to me, it seems like we, the fans, are so split now its incredible.

The Summer recruitment thread is a sad indictment of where we are as fans right now.

So much infighting its scary.

In over 40 years of watching the Dons, i have never known the support to be as split as it is right now. I firmly believe that Kingsford and DNA in particular, has created a huge divide. This to me is the clubs fault.

How do we rectify it?

I genuinely can't see a good outlook if it continues for a few more months. People will just get p!ssed off and stop going (as a lot have done already).

I don't think that the club are doing anything at all to encourage fans to continue to go to games. I went to apply for a ticket for Hibs away, only to find that I don't even qualify for phase 2 of the distribution, despite having a season ticket for myself and young lad for the last few years.

The fiasco that was Burnley away, with the tickets there, also highlighted how out of touch the club are regarding the fans. Initially telling long suffering fans that they wouldn't get tickets, then emailing individuals to say "it's ok, you can go".

Just never felt this disconnected to the club I have supported for so long.

.... sorry min, but Ah feel like startin a rival thread "fans in turmoil" .... Because there's plenty evidence (assumin our precious wee forum represents the widest and deepest extent of the views and passions of all connected with the club) .... that the turmoil is limited tae folks who (like masel) know **** all ..... and there is no greater fear than that of the unknown!!!! .... so ... jist hing on in there folks, maybe folks fa' ken better, hae good reason nae tae tell ye ... yet!

Disna mean they're oot tae fear ye

DNA and the Krapshack have put my enthusiasm levels way down, probably to their lowest in 30 years of following. They were on the wane anyway with the atrocious big game bottling record which is more than obvious. To add if we are subjected to the hoofball that we saw on Sunday I will hand my season ticket over to my cousinn more often than not as it was f@cking horrible to watch

So aye im firmly in the "pant pisher" clan.

I wouldn't say there is a crisis at the club as its the fans that are split. We all know the club really doesn't give a f@ck about the fans so it cant be the club in crisis

OK, so maybe should have been fans in crisis, but what is a club if it has no fans?

I have never been so despondent regarding a new season. Does that make me a pant pisher? Maybe, I dont know, nor do i give a fvck what others think. Just seems a huge task to try and get to a game nowadays and the club dont seem to want to help.
    I know this board doesnt represent all our fans, however, it represents a lot of us, and I am also talking to another dozen or so that feel the same.

Anyway, my opinion, I am sure there are a few that think there's nothing wrong.....

The thing is there has been 10500 season tickets sold,500 down from last year but still one of the highest amount of season tickets sold.

Plus the fact a lot of (gullible) folk signed up for that Aberdna pysh I don’t think the club will realise there is a problem,even if they do I don’t think they will care.

It’s life.
    As life goes on, some people have enough of some things and move on.
    Others stick with it.
    Meanwhile a new generation comes along and start anew.

The more you experience, the more you want to achieve and accept frailties less.
    We only live once and for a very short time.
    People should do whatever that gives them pleasure and not waste time on things that do not.
    Enjoy life to the maximum.

The fans of the great dons have been like this for a while if you ask me,

To quick to distrust each other and not welcoming to outsiders (dons fans fae outside Abz/Shire)

Everything is wonderful. We've still got our Derek leading us from the front.

Super Joe in goals.
    McKenna and Devlin in the heart of the defence.
    Captain Shinnie in the middle.
    May to maraud the opposing defenders.

A new stadium and training ground to look forward to. Absolutely everything is good in my Aberdeen world.

Looking forward to additional 3/4 players coming in prior to the close of the transfer window too.

Stand Free.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Everything is wonderful. We've still got our Derek leading us from the front.

Super Joe in goals.
    McKenna and Devlin in the heart of the defence.
    Captain Shinnie in the middle.
    May to maraud the opposing defenders.

A new stadium and training ground to look forward to. Absolutely everything is good in my Aberdeen world.

Looking forward to additional 3/4 players coming in prior to the close of the transfer window too.

Stand Free.
    Comedy gold

I can’t stand the chairman, the manager, the idea of the sh1tbox, the f*king Tory DNA scheme, loyalty points, blue strips & the drinking from the Loving Cup. I can’t really go supporters who make excuses for all of the above.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast