Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match Day Post: QPR v The Mighty Blades

Sounds like an even game but we are very avarage up front. Two good strikers and we would be much better.

First win just about deserved. Clarke just cannot hold the ball up and hopefully the new striker will be in that mould and arrive soon. However beer in hand and things look a whole lot better.

Three important points, season up and running but we rode our luck there.
    Henderson made ***** saves, we got a very ropey penalty.
    Bright points, Duffy's ball through to Freeman to set up Sharp was class, the back three were much improved for a spell either side of half time we kept the ball much better.
    Last edited by JonnyEdge; 11-08-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Great win, I don’t give a toss how we got it I’ll be celebrating tooneet. UTB

Worrying about McGoldrick bearing in mind his injury history.

Normal service resumed. Start Sharp and Duffy and we more often than not get a result. Basham excelling in a defensive midfield slot and young lad in goal improving on dealing with the ball in the air. Credit to the manager he made the right changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Normal service resumed. Start Sharp and Duffy and we more often than not get a result. Basham excelling in a defensive midfield slot and young lad in goal improving on dealing with the ball in the air. Credit to the manager he made the right changes.
    Forgot to add we also achieved the rarity of coming from behind to win a game.

Great win Blades ,sounded like we deserved it on radio Sheff ... happy now rod ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    0-2 scoreline, we won't get out of second gear, Tufty will defend his tactics and team selection despite them being clearly wrong, this place will be in civil war with slashers against clappers, I'll drink some gin and watch Death In Paradise
    The gin and Death in Paradise are still on the cards didn't see it but I was clearly wrong. 3 pts woo!

oh leon im afraid we need better up top but great win

told youuui! 😁 UTB #ONTHEMARCHWITHWILDERSARMY

Quote Originally Posted by Chingo View Post
    Great win Blades ,sounded like we deserved it on radio Sheff ... happy now rod ?
    Of course i'm happy,i aluus am when we win Chings mi owd pal.I bet you'd've more to say if we'd've got beaten tho.I've been to check on two of our relegation rivals this afternoon.Good win for the Millers but far from a thriller.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Of course i'm happy,i aluus am when we win Chings mi owd pal.I bet you'd've more to say if we'd've got beaten tho.I've been to check on two of our relegation rivals this afternoon.Good win for the Millers but far from a thriller.UTCB
    Forgot to mention on the 73rd minute both sets of fans at The New York stadium started singin to me to you to each other,really luvly tribute and Paul(Chuckle)Elliott was there must've been a very touchin moment for their family.UTCB

thats a fantastic tribute rod be a few tears at the new york today r.i.p. barry 😢

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    thats a fantastic tribute rod be a few tears at the new york today r.i.p. barry ��
    Gr8 credit to the Ipswich fans owd lad.John Nolan looked a decent player for Ipswich and Vassell for the Millers worked his gonads off.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 12-08-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Seen that on twitter and BBC news been showing the clip this morning and Paul applauding the fans nice tribute

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Seen that on twitter and BBC news been showing the clip this morning and Paul applauding the fans nice tribute
    Sid Wood a previous Chairman of the Millers has died and was part of the minutes applause before K-O but for obvious reasons the main focus was on Barry.UTCB

It was a penalty for me,if you look at what the player behind MGR did.

Freeman comes back in and does a great job of being Billys assister.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12