+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P. Syd Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Leave it out mate,time & a place.
    you may have misinterpreted his post. He meant that the news wasn't missed by him - not Syd Wood

He did indeed save the club after the Johnson debacle. Unfortunately things did not go well and, despite his best efforts the debts grew. He and his family suffered disgusting abuse from some quarters (hard to believe I know) and he handed over the club to Booth for nothing. Booth took over the debt apart from a sizeable amount owed to Wood, which Syd wrote off.

My apologies to Miller top.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    He did indeed save the club after the Johnson debacle. Unfortunately things did not go well and, despite his best efforts the debts grew. He and his family suffered disgusting abuse from some quarters (hard to believe I know) and he handed over the club to Booth for nothing. Booth took over the debt apart from a sizeable amount owed to Wood, which Syd wrote off.
    Often the case regarding the abuse. Some fans base their assessments about people and situations on very limited information, some of it not true in the first place.

Syd worked hard to keep us afloat, he deserves full credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    And did you know that his daughter Pam came third in a Miss England Beauty Contest?
    I was in the same class as Pam at Thornhill Infants

R.I.P. Syd Wood

Condolences to his family

Traveled a lot with Woods coaches to away games, when my dad ran the Millers supporters club at Kilnhurst W.M. club.

RIP Syd Wood. Thanks for all you did for our club and our town.

Sid Wood was a very good chairman who helped the club get out of the mess left by Anton Johnson.At great cost to his own business he put life back in to his town's football club.He was a true Miller.RIP Mr.Wood.

RIP Syd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12