+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawson.

Dawson.

When Craig Dawson next turns out for us, whether as sub or in the starting line up, it is v ital that we support him and not get 'on his back'. I know many of you aren't happy with his actions of late but I am convinced that he is important to our success. As stated before he must play in the middle of our back four to give it the stability required. I have to admit that I have been surprised by his actions as he's always come across as a solid, down to earth, no nonsense player. Let's hope that he can put this episode behind him and to display the performances that we have come to expect of him. We, as fans, can help with this!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    When Craig Dawson next turns out for us, whether as sub or in the starting line up, it is v ital that we support him and not get 'on his back'. I know many of you aren't happy with his actions of late but I am convinced that he is important to our success. As stated before he must play in the middle of our back four to give it the stability required. I have to admit that I have been surprised by his actions as he's always come across as a solid, down to earth, no nonsense player. Let's hope that he can put this episode behind him and to display the performances that we have come to expect of him. We, as fans, can help with this!
    I disagree he disrespected my club refused to go with the rest of players training how do you think they feel send him out on loan because the same thing will happen in January why should he play when he doesn't want to be here before other players who do

I agree. He went about things totally the wrong way. Put in a transfer request to indicate you want to move and if all parties are agreeable then fine. Do the training required and if something turns up all well and good. But to refuse to go to work, which is what he essentially did is out of order. In most other lines of work you would get the sack. But we all make mistakes and if we learn from them we can make amends and be forgiven. I hope that is what happens with Dawson. The fans give him a chance to make amends, and Dawson plays out of his skin and help us get promotion. We will see what happens.

Shouldn't be at the club. No lessons were learned from Evans last season. It is down to him to perform not me. Earn his money basically.

Each to their own I guess. For me, I will do my best to make him feel welcome, but I understand the other points of view.

This is how I see it.

Craig Dawson is contracted to West Bromwich Albion, they pay his wages, therefore he does as the rest do. If he refuses to train for anything other than a valid reason he should be fined. Once he has been fined, personally, as with Peter Odemwingie I would say right, you need to be a man today son, get out there and win them over all over again, go on off you go.

Again, I rate him highly, if we're to get out of this division, whether people like it or not we need him. My faith in the club to find somebody of similar ilk is shaky to say the least so it puts more emphasis on keeping him.

Here's the thing. We love the baggies but we also know that our club lacks serious ambition, yet we expect everyone to want to stay? Not realistic in my opinion. We should all be grateful anyone wants to stay. Accept the fact that most clubs have more ambition than ours and that means players will always be on the lookout for better things.

But he didn't want to stay.
    I will not boo him. I will support him. But don't see why I have to "brown nose' him just for him to perform. He should do so regardless as he gets payed to do so.
    Unfortunately they've sold the "we not me", family and unity. He doesn't buy into it.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Here's the thing. We love the baggies but we also know that our club lacks serious ambition, yet we expect everyone to want to stay? Not realistic in my opinion. We should all be grateful anyone wants to stay. Accept the fact that most clubs have more ambition than ours and that means players will always be on the lookout for better things.
    I think your post is realistic and hard hitting. A fan who has his teams colours running through their veins will always defend their club to the max'.
    In some cases such as this there's a bit of cutting ones nose off to spite ones face.

I think the answer lies in the middle ground. IF Dawson is way behind in terms of wages then sit him down and talk. Let's face it, he's solid, reliable and barely misses a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    But he didn't want to stay.
    I will not boo him. I will support him. But don't see why I have to "brown nose' him just for him to perform. He should do so regardless as he gets payed to do so.
    Unfortunately they've sold the "we not me", family and unity. He doesn't buy into it.
    That's all I'm saying, don't boo him but support him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)