+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Ipswich

MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Ipswich

The first home match of the season always makes wonder which one of my mates would say 'the pitch looks great'. The reunion of friends that haven't seen one and other throughout the summer is a strange one where the hopes of the season are discussed. You're often held to them views until after the second transfer window and then you can change your mind if a change of management doesn't come before it. Changing your mind under at the point of changing management is accepted!
    It's a great day and probably the last hot day you can wear the your new team shirt unless you don't go in for that sort of thing then you wear someone elses. After today it'll get colder and the old coat will come out of moth balls and be donned knowing that it won't be long before your freezing your rocks off in the depth of winter.
    You'll take your seat and have a look to where the moron from last season was sat hoping that he's moved. If you've changed seats to get away from him you'll be so gutted to find he's moved too but now he's even closer to you.
    But it's still the start of a new season and optimism is in the air mixed with the smell of Pukka pie and beer.

Today though Rotherham United will be saying goodbye and thank you to two people who in there own ways have been a huge part of the history of our club. The club is holding a minutes applause for both Syd Wood and Barry Chuckle. In addition it's been muted that on 73 minutes there's going to be a minutes 'To me to you' in memory of Barry Chuckle.

These two guys gave to the club as we have emotionally throughout the years. Finacially we all contribute when we can but some more than others. This contribution allows us to watch the games where ever we are in the world.

This club of ours just keeps giving. This season is another season in the Championship! It's going to be a struggle but we'll keep coming back for more whatever happens. We expect one thing from the players and that is for them to give their all every game. We know they'll come up against teams that'll outclass us in every department but we expect our players not to give up!

It's real! It's the first Championship game of the season at home! The home that is fit for Championship football! It's a packed out New York Stadium and another season of history is to be made!

COME ON YOU REDS!

TO ME! TO YOU!
    Last edited by frogmiller; 11-08-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Nice one frog!

Let's get those 3 points millers!

COYR

On way back from hols. Come on Millers, make it a nice surprise when I get off the plane. 7-1 Millers.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    The first home match of the season always makes wonder which one of my mates would say 'the pitch looks great'. The reunion of friends that haven't seen one and other throughout the summer is a strange one where the hopes of the season are discussed. You're often held to them views until after the second transfer window and then you can change your mind if a change of management doesn't come before it. Changing your mind under at the point of changing management is accepted!
    It's a great day and probably the last hot day you can wear the your new team shirt unless you don't go in for that sort of thing then you wear someone elses. After today it'll get colder and the old coat will come out of moth balls and be donned knowing that it won't be long before your freezing your rocks off in the depth of winter.
    You'll take your seat and have a look to where the moron from last season was sat hoping that he's moved. If you've changed seats to get away from him you'll be so gutted to find he's moved too but now he's even closer to you.
    But it's still the start of a new season and optimism is in the air mixed with the smell of Pukka pie and beer.

Today though Rotherham United will be saying goodbye and thank you to two people who in there own ways have been a huge part of the history of our club. The club is holding a minutes applause for both Syd Wood and Barry Chuckle. In addition it's been muted that on 73 minutes there's going to be a minutes 'To me to you' in memory of Barry Chuckle.

These two guys gave to the club as we have emotionally throughout the years. Finacially we all contribute when we can but some more than others. This contribution allows us to watch the games where ever we are in the world.

This club of ours just keeps giving. This season is another season in the Championship! It's going to be a struggle but we'll keep coming back for more whatever happens. We expect one thing from the players and that is for them to give their all every game. We know they'll come up against teams that'll outclass us in every department but we expect our players not to give up!

It's real! It's the first Championship game of the season at home! The home that is fit for Championship football! It's a packed out New York Stadium and another season of history is to be made!

COME ON YOU REDS!

TO ME! TO YOU!
    Great intro Frog. Would love to be part of the Me to You at NYS this afternoon. An excellent idea for a lovely and funny man UTM!

Great post from frog .

To me to you .

We want big stupid s at 5pm today perleeease and not:l

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    We want big stupid s at 5pm today perleeease and not:l
    Smiles and not frowns then

Yep I can't get my emoticons on frog unless i type in using letters and symbols.

Rodak;
    Vyner,
    Ajayi,
    Wood,
    Mattock;
    Taylor,
    Vaulks,
    Palmer,
    Newell;
    Smith,
    Vassell.

SUBS
    Price,
    Raggett,
    Jones,
    Wiles,
    Forde,
    Williams,
    Ball

That team has surprised me a little. Only one change with Vassell coming in for Ball.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast