+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwood

Norwood

Nixon states that one of the two coming in is indeed Norwood

Who would Norwood replace from today’s team, possible Basham ?. Personaly i would drop Clarke and put Norwood just in behind Sharp, keep Bash that defensive role.
    Last edited by Blade for Life; 11-08-2018 at 05:29 PM.

i would drop leon even if norwood wasnt coming in he needs a few games on the bench as for norwood wouldnt he be the competition for duffy in the attacking midfield role but in any case would be a cracking signing imo

Andy Giddings

@Gids1980
    6m6 minutes ago
    More
    #sufc are close to finalising a loan move for #BHA midfielder Oliver Norwood. That loan will become a permanent transfer in January. #twitterblades

Gerrin

Interesting, but I thought Bash was excellent yesterday - contributed a massive amount - we need to keep him in the team IMHO

Sorry aya I like bash as he gives his all but if we want to progress I'm afraid bash is going to be one of the casualties he is very limited in what he can and can't do

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Sorry aya I like bash as he gives his all but if we want to progress I'm afraid bash is going to be one of the casualties he is very limited in what he can and can't do
    every team needs a Bash bully ............he does the job of 2 in there.......and allows others to flourish

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    every team needs a Bash bully ............he does the job of 2 in there.......and allows others to flourish
    I’m with you Aya, i think Bash is much maligned and contributes far more than he gets credit far.. He more than makes up any limitations in guts and enthusiasm and whatever happens I think he’ll always be in the match day squad at least, his versatility is to important for the team.

I agree about Bash
    he makes far more "yardage" (NFL speak) than Lundstram ever does
    yesterday was a good example

Norwood just improves the team no end, imo the main positive is that we won’t have to rely on Lenny and Lunds. I think we will probably see a midfield of Bash, Fleck and Norwood. When Coutts comes back maybe one of those 3 will be injured? Who knows? Maybe one of the defenders will have picked up a knock? However if we continue with the 5-3-2 system then who’s playing in the FWD positions? I want to give Woodburn full license and a good run in the team, let’s see how good this lad can be. That doesn’t bode well for Duffy though I’m afraid which is why I’d like to see a 4-3-3 system.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast