+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Match thread vs Cambridge United 11/8/18

How long have fans been saying we need to strengthen the defence? Jones can't defend and we have needed a strong solid central defender for at least 3/4 seasons plus we have an average keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    How long have fans been saying we need to strengthen the defence? Jones can't defend and we have needed a strong solid central defender for at least 3/4 seasons plus we have an average keeper.
    Not just the fans. RT said it after an embarrassing pre-season defeat (v Grimsby?) "I'll buy a new back 4 if I need to". He didn't, well not a proper one. We'd also been calling out for a Steady Eddy Mk2 even whilst he was trying to do a good job.

When we fortuitously got someone in the shape of Yates we did well. The best we've done without him is ok. As is normal - lessons are not learned and we are Notts and we don't move on.

It's been at least 5 years and still we can't find a manager who understands we need to be able to defend. If we had a decent centre back last year we'd have gone up automatically and this year would be 3 points better off. Nolan's obsession with Duffy is a major concern. When he cost us goals last season Duffy just praised him. Yes Brisley was even worse but I can't see Bird and Hall being the answer either.

Those goals conceded are absolutely shocking.

We can’t blame Lack of midfield cover for conceding goals like a pub team.

Changes are required.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Those goals conceded are absolutely shocking.

We can’t blame Lack of midfield cover for conceding goals like a pub team.

Changes are required.
    Just watched both sets of highlights....oh dear, oh dear

First Cambridge goal an absolute shocker from Notts....Bris could've wacked it into touch but somehow thought that Ross was going to get there?......Row Z surely?
    2nd one, a defender hurling himself to ground allowing the Camb attacker to cut back a yard and fire in from a ridiculous angle.....how did Fitz allow it in without getting something on it?...poor defending and goalkeeping
    3rd one was an unmarked Camb attacker at the back post from a corner.....free header

At the other end, two sitters missed from Stead and Hemmings......Nolo looked more shocked than angry in his post match interview....we need to get a win on the board quickly or else this is going to be a season of despair.

Thought Vaughan again looked class, Enzio is a potential star and Husin looked good when he slotted into midfield

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910