+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atsu - Doesn't look interested

Atsu - Doesn't look interested

First game of the season.

The lad looks exhausted, no spring in his step, muscled off the ball every time by Dembele, off side in the final minute.

Matt Richie was going mental on the bench when he was subbed off. Although is was starting to look leggy his out put and impact on the game was brilliant.

I would be angry if I was Richie too.

Aye but i can see the logic in bringing Atsu on, as you said Ritchie was looking leggy - Atsu is hte best like for like replacement.

Atsu was the worst player on the pitch today - very poor performance.

I said last week that Atsu is woeful.

I would've had Murphy on the bench ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Aye but i can see the logic in bringing Atsu on, as you said Ritchie was looking leggy - Atsu is hte best like for like replacement.
    Exactly why Rafa was crying out to bring in a decent right sided wide man to replace/challenge Richie.

Complete farce from the clown troop!

Roll on January, lets hope we're not cut a drift by that point. The only hope is that the owner and his shills will invest in January with a few key signings.

No doubt loan signings. I just can't see how Rafa would want to sign a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I said last week that Atsu is woeful.

I would've had Murphy on the bench ahead of him.
    I agree with you on this one Mick, Young Murphy has a lot to learn but he's at least pacey & aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Exactly why Rafa was crying out to bring in a decent right sided wide man to replace/challenge Richie.

Complete farce from the clown troop!
    As well as the full back cover which looks it might now be needed. . . . except again we didn't get anybody.

I cannot understand why he took off Ritchie for Atsu. I think Lejuene is a big miss. Over all though I thought we looked not bad for the first game of the season, I was banking on a draw but early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    As well as the full back cover which looks it might now be needed. . . . except again we didn't get anybody.
    Aye Jammy lad, Rafa put 5 opinions on the table (PSG youngster, Tagliafico, Bryne, the bloke from Liverpool & Stoke) the clown troop couldn't or wouldn't bring in the cover needed.

Dummett behind Kennedy is like watching a young scrot in a Nova trying to chase a Ferrari. With a qualiy LB to compliment Kennedy that left hand side would be lethal.

Oh and down the right, Yedlin is not frigged with an injury.

Good times!

FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    I cannot understand why he took off Ritchie for Atsu. I think Lejuene is a big miss. Over all though I thought we looked not bad for the first game of the season, I was banking on a draw but early days.
    Aye Cannylad, we didn't look bad, but can't say we looked good.

Spudz were at 40%m whilst I know we're not gonna be competing with the likes of them to survive the season we have to identify the 'weak-links' in the team/squad.

Please Joselu got a goal though. Good ball in from Richie, good movement and finish but we all know that the lad, unfortunately, is not gonna be a consistent goal threat.

Just watching Huddersfield v Chelsea now & the Huddz look right at it. Lacking quality much like NUFC but bright, sharp & competitive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)