+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: iFollow Audio Commentary stopping on app

iFollow Audio Commentary stopping on app

Can any phone tech minded people help please?

When listening to iFollow after a few minutes when the screen switches off iFollow stops, i have to switch the screen back on for commentary to continue. In settings "battery' I have stopped the app closing once the screen goes off. Just for reference Tune In Radio and iPlayer are all fine.
    My phone is Huawei P9 running Android 7.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as it is really annoying.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 04-02-2019 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Clarification of title

Quote Originally Posted by thelanelady View Post
    Can any phone tech minded people help please?

When listening to iFollow after a few minutes when the screen switches off iFollow stops, i have to switch the screen back on for commentary to continue. In settings "battery' I have stopped the app closing once the screen goes off. Just for reference Tune In Radio and iPlayer are all fine.
    My phone is Huawei P9 running Android 7.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as it is really annoying.
    Have you gone into 'Settings' > 'Battery' > 'Optimise' and deselected the Notts County app? This should allow the connection to continue even when the rest go to sleep to save battery. I'm on Android 8 (Oreo) also on a Huawei (Mate 10 Pro) and it seems to work so far, amazingly!

I know in 7.0 the settings may possibly be laid out differently or named differently but worth a shot!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-08-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Have you gone into 'Settings' > 'Battery' > 'Optimise' and deselected the Notts County app? This should allow the connection to continue even when the rest go to sleep to save battery. I'm on Android 8 (Oreo) also on a Huawei (Mate 10 Pro) and it seems to work so far, amazingly!

I know in 7.0 the settings may possibly be laid out differently or named differently but worth a shot!
    Thanks Swale.. I have done all of that but it still closes down.

BBC radio player and Tune In Radio are 'selected' but do not close down when the screen shuts down so it's odd. I have reselected iFollow to see what happens with that!

Bugger. Cambridge just scored

Get your money back it's a pile of poo. Should be renamed I can't follow

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Get your money back it's a pile of poo. Should be renamed I can't follow
    That's the impression I get!

As far as i can remember the commentary works on an iPhone when it's locked but I'm not 100%, if it doesn't then I imagine it's just that the app won't play audio unless it's open

Did anyone ever come up with a solution for this issue? It really is annoying when I'm out with the dog listening with the phone in my pocket and the blinking thing cuts off about 3 minutes after the screen sleeps. Off with the gloves, unzip pocket take out phone, wake screen, open app and restart 'Listen Live', put back in pocket, zip up safely, gloves on...walk. All to be repeated a few minutes later. Grrrrrrr.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 04-02-2019 at 07:46 PM.