+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positives from today

We looked decent and all pundits have said we deserved a draw. We're never going to be competing with the likes of Spuds so if we can play like that against clubs we can get points off i think we have a good chance of getting points.

This team is a very decent Premier League team. We're not world beaters, but - and a large chunk of the following is down to our manager - we can beat most teams on a good day. We won't win every weekend, but I don't think we'll be going down with this lot.

With a bit more dedicated, creative and expensive investment, we could have been an exciting threat to most teams this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Park ya negative stuff at the door, thank you very much. This isn't ignoring all the deficiencies on and off the pitch but we've got plenty of threads for that.

We shouldn't have lost that...hit the bar, hit the post-Diame really should have scored, Kenedy's chance, ball flashing across the box only needing a touch.

Diame had a good second half...got everywhere, broke up play, passed well.

Dummett settled into the game and i'm quite happy with him there now (have been for a while, tbf)

We continued to create chances (on the back of last season's efforts) and hopefully Rondon and Muto will be better placed to take them than Perez and Joselu.

Kenedy provided some moments of class.

C'mon, y'all...join in.
    Aha so ya back then! Thought yee had banned yersell by accident,until Jamster pointed out yee were on holiday.
    Well we certainly didn't disgrace ourselves today,deserved a draw.

What really irked though,was when we went for it accompanied by the ROAR!!
    The kunts at Sky put it doon to World cup tiredness...

The horrible looking kunt that is Alli never touched the ball till he scored ANNND I'm over the moon that mouth full of marbles STILL hasn't scored in August.
    For all of you that had him in your fantasy team..HAHAHA (that's not aimed at anyone on this board obviously)..

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Aha so ya back then! Thought yee had banned yersell by accident,until Jamster pointed out yee were on holiday.

Think we just about scraped a draw. What the hell Kenedy was doing with his chance in the second half? Luck went their way, next week is a must not lose even this early in the season. Tw@ts in leeeyg one I say!

Aye...his first touch was poor. Probably because he was busy doing a double-take having seen that it was Joselu who played him in!

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    We looked decent and all pundits have said we deserved a draw. We're never going to be competing with the likes of Spuds so if we can play like that against clubs we can get points off i think we have a good chance of getting points.
    I remember the days when it was us so far a head of spurs and 14-16 other clubs in the prem😥 all changed now

We were genuinely unlucky to lose against one of the best sides in Europe today. They weren't at their best, but neither were we, so that's by the by if you ask me.

Can still see a togetherness and solid work-ethic in the squad, we looked generally well-organised in defence (fitness played into individual errors rather than tactics I think), and we created some decent chances to get more from the game.

Also worth pointing out that our preferred tactic of the killer ball over the top from Shelvey was essentially nullified by the presence of Lloris, who plays as a sweeper-keeper and thus makes that nigh on impossible. So that wasn't even our Plan A for creativity today and we should have had 3 goals but for some match-sharpness.

So lots of positives.

Plus my season tickets are way closer to the pitch than I remember than being, so that was also a positive. Weird how watching loads of footy on TV can distort your expectations of how a game looks in real life!

Quote Originally Posted by ASHLEY OUT View Post
    I remember the days when it was us so far a head of spurs and 14-16 other clubs in the prem�� all changed now
    Aye - i was thinking that as i typed my original comment.

Devastating what Ashley has done to us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)