+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ipswich Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I saw it in the same way Millertop. Mattock was being overrun in the first 20 mins and we were lucky not to be 1 down from a run down their right and a good cross. A great clearence from Vyner saved us once from what I expected to be a goal.
    The reason why Mattock was overrun was that Newell is very poor defensively

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    The reason why Mattock was overrun was that Newell is very poor defensively
    He had a bad day all round. He'll come good though.

I know we won but we kept giving away too many chances

We generally got better as the game went along. But it did seem to me, we were battling against a team in an higher division than us. We didn't deserve to lose, but might have been punished by a better goal scoring side. The win shouldn't mask we need something in central midfield and defence.

Quote Originally Posted by brassgnat View Post
    We generally got better as the game went along. But it did seem to me, we were battling against a team in an higher division than us. We didn't deserve to lose, but might have been punished by a better goal scoring side. The win shouldn't mask we need something in central midfield and defence.
    Didn’t look like a team from a higher division than us to me I thought Ipswich were sloppy and the fact that they lost Waghorn seemed to have disrupted their attack.

I said it at start of season there are a lot of clubs like Ipswich who are on the decline for some reason or other and although we will struggle against some sides who have some premiership quality to them half the clubs in championship are league 1 quality at best

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789