+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Post Match Thoughts

We are desperate for a Cm, Vaulks is 2 yards too slow in his head for the championship and gives away possesion too easily at this level, Palmer breaks up play but does little else and both are not very mobile with no turn of pace.
    Today we was pretty poor as a team but battled away and got a result we probably did not deserve. But 3 points is 3 points and we really needed that result.

Ajayi was immense today and the mom, Vassell looks a handfull and we need to play into him as much as possible, The young Rb we have brought in looks good as well, his clearence in first 15 mins was unbelievable when they looked certain to score.

Our wingers were massive last year but I fear the championship is too much for them and they either need to strengthen up or will be playing l1 next year.

I don't think Williams is that much better than Taylor TBH, he also runs and runs but doesn't produce much.

Referee wanted to be the star and his performance was astonishingly poor,very close to being Kettles successor.

Really enjoyable game. Was grateful that we looked like getting a polnt, then bang!, we somehow end up with all three. Well done guys, won't be the bestteam we play against this season, so three ***** points.

Warne & Hurst old mates, met again today has managers, it was like a game of chess, with Rodak being the king, so check mate to Warne.

After 5 minutes I thought we were going to take another hammering. We were like rabbits caught in the headlights but we weathered the storm and gradually got into the game and started to fight for every ball and it looked to me that Ipswich just ran out of ideas

Rodak- best goalkeeper since Pollitt, timely saves and good confident catching.

Mattock- gave his all again, type of experienced player we'll need in the coming months.

Wood- amazingly was taking stock from the wise ones on the West stand but like Mattock gave his all and again didn't let us down.

Ajayi- brilliant! Very solid and his guy in his pocket all afternoon.

Viner- good solid display for a player making his home debut.

Newell- very poor. Poor in attitude and poor in performance. Everything he did appeared half hearted almost like he personally doesn't think he's good enough at this level. My message to you Joe YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH MATE, GROW A PAIR!

Palmer. Again 100% commitment and stuck at it against far better players.

Vaulks- thought he was brilliant and gets unfair stick. Does his own job and covers all the back four when any of them go forward.

Taylor. Gave his all again but it just didn't work for him. He'll have better days when it will.

Smith. Good battler, and our kind of player. Stick st it to the death and gotvthe winner.

Vassell. What a signing! Brilliant from start to finish and a worthy man of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    After 5 minutes I thought we were going to take another hammering. We were like rabbits caught in the headlights but we weathered the storm and gradually got into the game and started to fight for every ball and it looked to me that Ipswich just ran out of ideas

Rodak- best goalkeeper since Pollitt, timely saves and good confident catching.

Mattock- gave his all again, type of experienced player we'll need in the coming months.

Wood- amazingly was taking stock from the wise ones on the West stand but like Mattock gave his all and again didn't let us down.

Ajayi- brilliant! Very solid and his guy in his pocket all afternoon.

Viner- good solid display for a player making his home debut.

Newell- very poor. Poor in attitude and poor in performance. Everything he did appeared half hearted almost like he personally doesn't think he's good enough at this level. My message to you Joe YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH MATE, GROW A PAIR!

Palmer. Again 100% commitment and stuck at it against far better players.

Vaulks- thought he was brilliant and gets unfair stick. Does his own job and covers all the back four when any of them go forward.

Taylor. Gave his all again but it just didn't work for him. He'll have better days when it will.

Smith. Good battler, and our kind of player. Stick st it to the death and gotvthe winner.

Vassell. What a signing! Brilliant from start to finish and a worthy man of the match.
    Seems a fair assessment.

Don’t think Taylor or Newell will make it at this level. No time for sentiment we need to find replacements

Im going to be honest, I thought the result was an injustice. Ipswich were better than us. But, but, but, who cares, great result.

Rodak was my MOM - very assured.

Ajayi played very well. When hes on it he looks the part.

Vassel worked tirelessly. Well done.

Newell had an off day. Taylor ditto.

I thought smudge struggled but took his goal well. I like him. Hes honest.

I think williams shows touches of genuine class, but is inconsistent.

Our CM is woeful (at this level). Please let us bring in a couple of CMs on loan.

All in all, I'm delighted with the result but lets hope warney doesnt overlook the obvious inadequacies.

utm

Ipswich bossed the game in midfield, but were fortunately lightweight up front, and our back 4 out muscled them with Ajayi being absolutely dominant.
    I also thought mattock did well against Edwards, who for me was ipswich''s best player , and I was pleased to see him go off in second half, and Vyner got tired second half but looks a very decent lad. Smith and Vassell up front never stopped running, but the game highlighted our need for at least 2 more midfielders , and whilst we have been ripped off by older players in recent seasons, Blackstock being the prime example, I feel we need an experienced CM to help the younger players.
    If I were an Ipswich fan I'd have been gutted to lose as a draw would have been fair, because for all their possession they looked lightweight up front, however most championship clubs won't be, as Brentford proved last week. A great 3 points, a learning curve for a few of our players , and according to one or two Ipswich supporters, we are already the worst team in the league, so apparently you only need 2 games in a season to determine this. Maybe I'll ask them who will win premier league and who will get relegated after next week's games.

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post
    Mattock played well today. Far better player than Purrington.
    ????? We were very fortunate to have got away with two awful blunders he made and Rodak came to the rescue.He looks too slow at this level.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast