+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    Look here’s the issue, Vyner criticised last week with Mattock criticised this week.

It’s not random that the two full backs are making the mistakes, it’s because they are under pressure right from the off.

They are under so much pressure because the midfielders in front of them can’t tackle to save their lives. Taylor, Newell, Forde and Williams all weak and they allow too much pressure on the full backs.

We need to strengthen those midfield positions
    Spot on naked - I thought Newell was sunbathing for the 60 m9ins he was playing and Taylor - well hes a waste of space.

To be fair to Newell whenever he got the ball he had 3 players on him straight away.
    Hursty said in the lead up to the match that he perceived Newell to be our danger man so he'd obviously instructed his players to stop him.

I could gave stopped him on my own. Just give him an early crunch tackle and it's good night Vienna.

I'm not convinced by any of our midfield players so far, Vaulks and Palmer don't look good enough for this level. Newell and Taylor were really off the ball yesterday. I'm not yet convinced by Forde or Williams either but they are an improvement on those starting, same for Wiles too. I really liked the look of Vassel, he caused a lot of problems for their defenders. I think Smith put a shift in too but sometimes there were moments when he should've been running for the ball or towards one of their players and he just stood still.

I'm optimistic for the season ahead, a few tweaks here and there and we'll be there

Look here’s the issue, Vyner criticised last week with Mattock criticised this week.

It’s not random that the two full backs are making the mistakes, it’s because they are under pressure right from the off.

They are under so much pressure because the midfielders in front of them can’t tackle to save their lives. Taylor, Newell, Forde and Williams all weak and they allow too much pressure on the full backs.

We need to strengthen those midfield positions
    Completely agree with this, our midfield is definitely our weak point, no competition won't be helping their below par performances either.

Just give him an early crunch tackle and it's good night Vienna.
    Didn't you go for an evening cruise on the Danube there once ?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 12-08-2018 at 03:46 PM.

I went to watch you Millers yesdi,i thought Ajayi&Vassell were the Millers best players.Vassell run his socks off and kept puttin their defence under pressure wi his non stop chasin.It wasn't a classic game as i said to a Millers mate this mornin but you like us BLADES needed a win far more than a good performance.I also thought your keeper did well and finally what a fantastic gesture in the 73rd from both sets of fans to the late great Barry Chuckle.I left in the 88th minute and said to the fella at the side of me you'll get a goal nar cos i'm leavin and so ya did,well done Millers. UTCB

As Norwich fans the Warne family must have thoroughly enjoyed the weekend beating their rivals
    I think PW has said his brother comes over for the home matches so he would have loved that winner.
    His Dad too at home watching the vidiprinter.
    Son / brother did really well and Ipswich lose. Perfect weekend

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Ease off Millertop with the insults!
    Apologies Frogster

Poor 1st half. Never got hold of the ball, bypassed midfield. Vaulks and Palmer in CM just not working as of yet.
    Better 2nd half, thanks for the 3 points, will take that every home game.
    My MOTM Marek Rodak, two saves first half and a save from the free kick 2nd half kept us in it.
    Vassell & Smudger none stop running, Ajayi impressive 2nd half, decent Midfielder???

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast