+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich Post Match Thoughts

Taylor puts the effort in, he's nowhere near good enough though.

I've no idea about Purrington as he looked an excellent defender.

I thought we did ok today, not brilliant but we stuck at it. I was disappointed with Ipswich to be honest, lots of possession but lacking creativity.

We need to thank Rodak for keeping us in the game and Ajayi looked strong and stylish.

Vassell justified his selection but Taylor and Newell looked out of their depth in this division.

The well championed Millers fitness seemed to be lacking particularly Mattock and Vaulks.

Liked the ref, falling over with little or no contact cut no ice with him. He seemed to regard football as a man’s game.

Great time to score and we got the points.

Improvements to be made yes, signings needed yes, but basically we won and kept a clean sheet. The latter won’t happen often this season.

After today’s game Half Empties 1 Half Fulls 1

Great game both sides looked even to me a lot of shots Ipswich had went well wide and if ref wasn’t such a biased he would have spotted vassal almost got choked unconscious.

I think Newell will be alright but ye didn't look right today.

weathered the storm a bit today but rotherham off pady years would of lost that today so credit to Paul Warne.

rodak made a couple of good saved and vassell and smudge look like they could cause one or 2 problems.

3 points on the board.will take win 1 lose 1 every other game

I bet Emmanuel is well pissed off. I feel he's got a real bright future but according to Ipswich fans Hursty doesn't fancy him, if so he's daft.

Newell was off his game today, not his best performance.
    Taylor is very poor, he can run and run but he does absolutely nothing with the ball at the end, his energy and pace is a total waste

Ajayi was outstanding today, fingers crossed he keeps it up. He was my MOTM but no complaints that Vassell got it who also had an excellent performance.

The dictionary definition of a smash and grab

UP THE MILLERS

Mattock played well today. Far better player than Purrington.

Good hardworking performance by the lads and they eventually got their reward for sticking at it. We're going to need a lot more battling performances like that one though.
    Ajayi man of the match for me but a few others deserve a lot of credit for their performances.
    We won despite having very little in central midfield and it's so apparent that we've never replaced the drive and creativity of Frecks. Hopefully that will get sorted next week.
    As we were walking up New York Way I heard an Ipswich fan grumbling that Hurst was building a team full of League 1 players. Made me smile 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    I think Newell will be alright but ye didn't look right today.
    He seemed a little unsure of himself today but when he gets his head round the pace of the Championship he'll be a great asset

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    I bet Emmanuel is well pissed off. I feel he's got a real bright future but according to Ipswich fans Hursty doesn't fancy him, if so he's daft.
    Emmanuel isn't conventional. It's their loss if they choose not to play him. Would love to see him back with us but today I thought all our defenders did a great job.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast