+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will Nolan get?

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    We have an owner who has invested in good quality players and wants to see attractive football played - but a manager who wants to play non league hoof ball.
    It is not a combination that will last much longer
    I would hope the style of football and the type of player we sign has nothing to do with the chairman?
    I imagine they both want to win football matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Do you really think that Brisley needs to be told to "get rid" in a situation like that? That would have been hammered into him right from youth level. Is a training drill really going to teach Stead how to finish better at this stage of his career? He must have done all the training drills 1,000 times. You can do all the training you like, but it counts for nothing if the players don't use it on a Saturday afternoon.
    Like I said, I'm stating obvious rhetoric but why then didn't Brisley just clear it? have they been advised to do something different? If not then yes of course it should have been in row 'z'.

Doesn't matter how long you've been playing the game, practice makes perfect. What do you think would have happened if Beckham had suddenly stopped practising his free kicks? I'll tell you, the quality of his delivery would have reduced. The same applies to every other skill required.

Every player should know how to run into space, to receive a pass, control the ball, pass the ball, mark, tackle, shoot, block, run . . . are you telling me none of this requires drills on the training ground because they've been playing since they were kids??

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Like I said, I'm stating obvious rhetoric but why then didn't Brisley just clear it? have they been advised to do something different? If not then yes of course it should have been in row 'z'.

Doesn't matter how long you've been playing the game, practice makes perfect. What do you think would have happened if Beckham had suddenly stopped practising his free kicks? I'll tell you, the quality of his delivery would have reduced. The same applies to every other skill required.

Every player should know how to run into space, to receive a pass, control the ball, pass the ball, mark, tackle, shoot, block, run . . . are you telling me none of this requires drills on the training ground because they've been playing since they were kids??

Hitting row Z requires zero practice other than recognising when it's appropriate to do it, if in doubt bang it out, simple

2 games in and there is some real panic as usual. It's not been a great start but talk of "how long Nolan has got" is simply melodramatic and unhelpful. Let's judge this teams after 10/12 games.

I think the problem is that everyone is expecting automatic promotion. Personally I think we'll make the playoffs again, but hopefully go one stage further and get to Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    2 games in and there is some real panic as usual. It's not been a great start but talk of "how long Nolan has got" is simply melodramatic and unhelpful. Let's judge this teams after 10/12 games.

I think the problem is that everyone is expecting automatic promotion. Personally I think we'll make the playoffs again, but hopefully go one stage further and get to Wembley.
    Agreed, no need to panic at all, we are only 2 games in.

If we are still the wrong end of the table once we enter Nov/Dec then the manager will be under some pressure, certainly not in mid-August.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Let's look at the comments on here in the last few days, bearing in mind that most people were happy with our squad on the eve of the new season.

Fitz - not good enough, need a new keeper

Brisley and Duffy - Conference standard at best, need a new defence

Jones - can't defend, need a new left back

Hewitt - can't tackle, only looked good cause of Yates

Vaughan - easy on the eye but no forward passes

Enzio - couldn't control the ball a week ago apparently, we've been sold a dud. Scores a worldy and barely gets a mention outside of the match thread

Stead - legs have gone, donkey

Also manager is crap and chairman is a liar.

After two games.
    You're always going to get people going to extremes especially where emotions are involved. This doesn't mean you can't question the managers ability to get the best out of our squad, we're not in Nazi Germany are we?

The big question is can Nolan change his style of play to incorporate more as we might can then ball players?

You say two games, I say second half of last season, pre season and two games this season where our style of play hasn't exactly been brilliant. This is league Two not the champions league and teams seem to be able to play alot more decent football than us with much less resources, are we not allowed to think why can't we do that?

No one is saying Nolan out but I would hope we start to play much better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Hitting row Z requires zero practice other than recognising when it's appropriate to do it, if in doubt bang it out, simple

A little coaching from Stubby is in order!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Some people are moaning that Dennis and Hall aren't in the first eleven when they're injured
    Those two were fit enough to suit up on opening day for the 0-0 v Colchester

https://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...392/teams/home

I think it might have been better to start both and take them off after 55-60 mins, or earlier, if they were struggling.
    It would have made more of a statement, now we're wondering if KN's going to pick Brisley and Stead ahead of them, Too much of that and we'll be way behind the top sides setting the pace for autos.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Like I said, I'm stating obvious rhetoric but why then didn't Brisley just clear it?
    I suspect only Brisley can answer that, but you seem to be missing my point. Of course training routines are needed, but Brisley's error was so basic it doesn't need an extra training session to correct it, it just needs Brisley to make the right decision at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    You're always going to get people going to extremes especially where emotions are involved. This doesn't mean you can't question the managers ability to get the best out of our squad, we're not in Nazi Germany are we?

The big question is can Nolan change his style of play to incorporate more as we might can then ball players?

You say two games, I say second half of last season, pre season and two games this season where our style of play hasn't exactly been brilliant. This is league Two not the champions league and teams seem to be able to play alot more decent football than us with much less resources, are we not allowed to think why can't we do that?

No one is saying Nolan out but I would hope we start to play much better soon.
    Nobody's saying Nolan out apart from the two posters who are actually saying it and the others who started posting gossip about him minutes after the final whistle on Saturday.

Nobody is banning anybody from expressing their opinion, people are free to say what they want and I'm free to say it's premature and unreasonable.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast