+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will Nolan get?

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Oh hello magpie_mania forgot , your obviously a real fan I'm not!! For asking a perfectly reasonable question , btw Specsavers are the cheapest and best selection for rose tinted ones!!!
    So, do you want him to succeed?

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Ah has invested as promised, some of best strikers and midfielders in league 2, although like many think was a mistake to not replace or very average defence .anyway back to heading, how long do we think Nolan will get?
    Plenty of time yet, I think Alan Hardy is a different animal compared with his predecessor. Obviously the aim is to be in and around the top three all season, but I think as long as we're in the top half of the table after ten games then Hardy will be patient. By Christmas we would need to be around the play-off places and well positioned to kick on. Disappointing result today, but still very early days.

Of course I do magpie_mania as do all on here , I have followed notts over 40 years and success is my ultimate desire every single season , every single game and will always wish the manager success but ultimately I do not want my beloved club to suffer through some misguided loyalty if it really isn't working out

I actually thought the same thing after the Col utd game.He had a full season to implement his style,that was all said & done, sheite.Results last season painted over the cracks up until Xmas.Since has been dire.AH/NCFC have invested this summer heavily.I personally think AH has gone for broke this season &, will give KN until mid Nov to be there or there abouts.If not, byebye.
    The quality we have up front is no good when the likes of Duffy are in the team,will always struggle.
    Performances put bums on seats.KN, if he doesn't change soon will have the opposite effect.He has had plenty of time,now to deliver.

My thoughts entirely, defence certainly is not good enough.im hoping with the calibre of signing in can prove he can manage a top performing side

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    I actually thought the same thing after the Col utd game.He had a full season to implement his style,that was all said & done, sheite.Results last season painted over the cracks up until Xmas.Since has been dire.AH/NCFC have invested this summer heavily.I personally think AH has gone for broke this season &, will give KN until mid Nov to be there or there abouts.If not, byebye.
    The quality we have up front is no good when the likes of Duffy are in the team,will always struggle.
    Performances put bums on seats.KN, if he doesn't change soon will have the opposite effect.He has had plenty of time,now to deliver.
    It's ok talking about quality up front but people have been saying that if a chance was taken just before their winner .... how can that be Duffy's fault that it wasn't?

Is that 7 wins from 27 now the Gap is getting wider.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Is that 7 wins from 27 now the Gap is getting wider.
    We have an owner who has invested in good quality players and wants to see attractive football played - but a manager who wants to play non league hoof ball.
    It is not a combination that will last much longer

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    It's ok talking about quality up front but people have been saying that if a chance was taken just before their winner .... how can that be Duffy's fault that it wasn't?
    Duffy not even conference standard.Duffy plays like a woman,blames every other fecker bar himself.He plays in defence that has conceded 3 2nd half goals.Shabby defending mentioned again.How many more times this season are we going to hear that?

The next two weekend away games are at Lincoln and Exeter (with a mid-week trip to Newport beforehand). Pressure is on to win the home games against Yeovil and Forest Green as Notts are already 5 points behind last season's play-off rivals.

Nolan had an amazing 2017, but other than the very significant fact that the club is in L2 and not the National League, there's nothing left from that fabulous run that can be built upon. Everything's been reset, points wise, and Notts are still looking every bit the same club that went into reverse gear around January.

People will say it's only two games, but it isn't, it's been like this for half a season.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast