+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will Nolan get?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Officially, 14 units spread over the week is the maximum weekly amount advised (equivalent to a bottle and a half of wine or five pints of export-type lager).
    That's a maximum???? I always thought it was a target, I usually had it beaten by day 2.

AH said in an interview last week that Nolan went out the night before the Colchester game but made it clear he only drank blackcurrant and soda.

As said, wtf does t the manager drink have to do with highly paid strikers missing sitters?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    AH said in an interview last week that Nolan went out the night before the Colchester game but made it clear he only drank blackcurrant and soda.

As said, wtf does t the manager drink have to do with highly paid strikers missing sitters?
    It has everything to do with it.

We’ve been here before and the lack of respect and poor culture it leads to usually lead to failing performances.

Howard Kendall
    Paul Ince (decided he was better suited to the golf course as soon as we lost to Man City in the fa cup)
    John Sheridan

Need I go on ?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Duffy not even conference standard.Duffy plays like a woman,blames every other fecker bar himself.He plays in defence that has conceded 3 2nd half goals.Shabby defending mentioned again.How many more times this season are we going to hear that?
    Next 44 games

You don’t pile on weight, developed a red blotchy face and look rather ill looking by drinking blackcurrant and soda water !

I heard that on the way to the game. Bit weird for AH to mention the drinks when KN going out for a meal with Fletcher, (which he wasn't present at as he had other business to attend) then back track on himself to say soft drinks only. If there's no drinking problem why mention it then correct yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    It has everything to do with it.

We’ve been here before and the lack of respect and poor culture it leads to usually lead to failing performances.

Howard Kendall
    Paul Ince (decided he was better suited to the golf course as soon as we lost to Man City in the fa cup)
    John Sheridan

Need I go on ?
    Spot on CJ.

I am sure football management is a stressful job, along with many others. It is more high profile than most. If I were found to be out drinking until 2:00 am the night before an important event in my working week, involving utilising the assets I have bought with a high level of expenditure for the business concerned, then questions would certainly be asked. If that weekly event went pretty disastrously, I would expect to be hauled over the coals. If it followed on from the previous week's performance being pretty p!sspoor, I would expect my intelligence to be questioned and whether I was aware of the seriousness of the potential waste of a budget.

If I tried to excuse the poor performance by referring to the need for the resources to gel, I would expect to have the comparable performance of our competitors pointed out and be laughed out of the building, if not (immediately) the company.

Lack of respect = un****ingforgiveable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMouf View Post
    Spot on CJ.

I am sure football management is a stressful job, along with many others. It is more high profile than most. If I were found to be out drinking until 2:00 am the night before an important event in my working week, involving utilising the assets I have bought with a high level of expenditure for the business concerned, then questions would certainly be asked. If that weekly event went pretty disastrously, I would expect to be hauled over the coals. If it followed on from the previous week's performance being pretty p!sspoor, I would expect my intelligence to be questioned and whether I was aware of the seriousness of the potential waste of a budget.

If I tried to excuse the poor performance by referring to the need for the resources to gel, I would expect to have the comparable performance of our competitors pointed out and be laughed out of the building, if not (immediately) the company.

Lack of respect = un****ingforgiveable.
    Excellent post Mr. Mouf. My sentiments exactly. Every team in the league has new players. It's a poor excuse. Football really isn't that complicated.

B & S, that's what I tried to convince the wife I had only been drinking when I spent 20 minutes trying to get the key in the door the other week. Having seen the highlights now I really think we need to be asking what the fcuk Brisley , Stead and Hemmings were drinking the night before a game not Nolan!

ps, I think we need to ask Duffy and Fitz as well.
    Last edited by navypie; 12-08-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Jeez, it's like the Puritans and the witch hunts.
    We've played two games, Cambridge fans on the L2 forum say we should have won and looked pretty decent.
    Dennis and Kellet, two of his important signings haven't been fit to start. Colchester won easily yesterday and may prove to be a very good team this year, we created gilt edged chances yesterday, you can't coach a five yard miss out of a striker.
    Defending was atrocious, but that wasn't an ineptly drilled unit , that was Brisley having a complete nightmare.
    He lives locally, drinks locally like lots of other people. Very harsh to have the man down as an alcoholic based on a couple of sightings on a baking hot summers evening.
    We were two appalling refereeing decisions away from Wembley and a play off final two games ago if you want to bend stats.
    Some on here are wanting a sacking for the fun of it, mental.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast