+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will Nolan get?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I haven't seen one person on here maybe bar Durham who wants KN sacking. The run of performances second half of last season, pre season and so far this gives us paying customers and life long fans every right to question if there is something wrong. If anyone is over reacting it's those saying 'look everyone wants KN to be sacked' No they don't drama queens, they just want to know why the performances are steadily decreasing whilst the team is on paper steadily improving. Oh and no one apart from AH said Nolan was a future England manager as that would obviously be talking nonsense until he has proven success. You can't have blind faith just as you can't have unadulterated negativity, you have to look at the evidence and then question it if you feel the need to.
    I'm not advocating blind faith, I'm advocating measured criticism. Don't you think we should at least wait until our new signings have started a few games before we jump to conclusions?

Some people are moaning that Dennis and Hall aren't in the first eleven when they're injured, that's the level of analysis we're at unfortunately.

As for people not wanting Nolan out it starts with 'how long has he got?' then in a few days it'll be 'who is available to take over?' - complete over reaction in my view.

This is social media for you I hope it isn't true a night before a game but I find it very sad a grown man has gone snitching to Hardy about it.

It must be a nightmare if you are in the spotlight and every man and his dog are talking about you over twitter / facebook I know they are well paid but they are still human at the end of the day.

Anyway hopefully we beat Yeovil and it keeps people off twitter for a week !

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    And no one is saying all the players are **** either Driller, they're saying Jones is suspect defensively which to anyone watching the games is evident and that Duffy isn't that great either. Brisley is normally more reliable but was at fault for two of the goals on Saturday. Where has anyone said all our players are ****?

People don't half talk nonsense on here.
    Let's look at the comments on here in the last few days, bearing in mind that most people were happy with our squad on the eve of the new season.

Fitz - not good enough, need a new keeper

Brisley and Duffy - Conference standard at best, need a new defence

Jones - can't defend, need a new left back

Hewitt - can't tackle, only looked good cause of Yates

Vaughan - easy on the eye but no forward passes

Enzio - couldn't control the ball a week ago apparently, we've been sold a dud. Scores a worldy and barely gets a mention outside of the match thread

Stead - legs have gone, donkey

Also manager is crap and chairman is a liar.

After two games.

I believe he should go. Hardy has backed him with the money, players have come in and still he turns out football worthy of a Sunday morning pub team. With some truly awful decision making or lack of from some players.
    I don't want to watch that c***, I can go down the embankment for nowt to watch that.
    I want a manager who encourages his players to play and entertain, players who are not afraid to express themselves. Players who take responsibility and who are physically capable of life in the fourth division.
    Don't tell me I can't have all that in division four. I've seen it. For Stead and Duffy swap for Bradd and Stubbs. For Vaughan and Hewitt swap for Masson and Carlin. OK, Masson's only come along once in a blue moon but if he'd come I'd swap Stubbs for Duffy now. Don't think you'd see him falling to the floor every 5 minutes like a baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    I want a manager who encourages his players to play and entertain, players who are not afraid to express themselves. Players who take responsibility and who are physically capable of life in the fourth division.
    The problem is that whatever your opinion of Nolan, there is no doubt his players let him down badly on Saturday because that was a game we shouldn't have lost. If the players had taken the responsibility you ask for all three of their goals were easily preventable, and you can add to that strikers who miss gilt-edged chances. Nolan will rightly carry the can long term, but if this squad really is as good as some claim it is, it's about time they started to show it on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The problem is that whatever your opinion of Nolan, there is no doubt his players let him down badly on Saturday because that was a game we shouldn't have lost. If the players had taken the responsibility you ask for all three of their goals were easily preventable, and you can add to that strikers who miss gilt-edged chances. Nolan will rightly carry the can long term, but if this squad really is as good as some claim it is, it's about time they started to show it on the pitch.
    This agreeing with Elite could become a problem for me but his analysis is spot on.

I agree with this you can't blame Nolan for Brisley not doing the basics just after half time and put the ball in the stand for a throw in and Hemmings also missing near the end would have more than likely got us the 3 points but at worst we'd have got a draw.

I've said for a while if we aren't in around the play offs in October / November time then he is going to be under pressure from the man who pays his wages.

It does make you wonder though what happens on the training ground after a game like this. From all accounts we are trying to play the ball on the ground more and be more creative but still end up resorting to hoofing long balls to Stead. Why does this happen?

I'm assuming Nolan and his management team spend several hours reviewing video footage, identifying where errors occurred and where improvements should be made before relaying this to the players both as a group and as individuals in order to stop it happening again.

Then follow this up on the training ground with drills designed to improve their play in these areas?

I realise this is obvious rhetoric but you do wonder what does actually happen in training, other than playing rock, paper ****ing scissors!

Brisley not making a simple clearance to avoid the first goal on saturday . . . pull him to one side and tell him next time he gets rid!

Hemmings and Stead missing sitters . . . extra finishing drills after group training maybe.

Also, against Colchester there was a moment we were on the front foot and had them under some considerable pressure. There was a wayward ball, from Hewitt I think that went over Stead's head who gave it up as a lost cause. Truth is he could have actually tried to chase the ball down and kept it in play maintaining the pressure. Instead the ball trundled off slowly behind for a goal kick and our impetus was lost. It's this reluctance to chase a perceived lost cause and lack of overall urgency that really worries me.

I'm not in the 'Nolan Out' club just yet and do believe the players need to take some responsibility as well but Nolan needs to get a grip sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    It does make you wonder though what happens on the training ground after a game like this.

Brisley not making a simple clearance to avoid the first goal on saturday . . . pull him to one side and tell him next time he gets rid!

Hemmings and Stead missing sitters . . . extra finishing drills after group training maybe.
    Do you really think that Brisley needs to be told to "get rid" in a situation like that? That would have been hammered into him right from youth level. Is a training drill really going to teach Stead how to finish better at this stage of his career? He must have done all the training drills 1,000 times. You can do all the training you like, but it counts for nothing if the players don't use it on a Saturday afternoon.

Do you really think that Brisley needs to be told to "get rid" in a situation like that? That would have been hammered into him right from youth level. Is a training drill really going to teach Stead how to finish better at this stage of his career? He must have done all the training drills 1,000 times. You can do all the training you like, but it counts for nothing if the players don't use it on a Saturday afternoon.

Correct. It's known as "where the net is" - some have it others don't. Those that have this ability score goals even in poor sides and move to better things.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast