+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will Nolan get?

Agreed up the magpies.hopefully AH follows the feeling on this site and moves quickly not only to give us any fighting chance of promotion but also to retain the decent crowds and good will before it all comes crashing down

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    There's a degree of similarity with Derry in that he kept Notts up from a seemingly impossible position, then had an amazing run in the first half of the following season and lived off that run until he was finally dismissed. Nolan had a more sustained run of success but then Derry didn't have the backing from the board that Nolan has.
    Yes, they were similar types of player too. Derry had a gong show going on behind him which is one difference, but Nolo looks far too comfortable to me.

It is really important for the club generally to be off the manager merry-go-round, but longer-term security makes for less pressure, and it becomes imperative you can accurately judge the manager's potential. It could still be Kevin Nolan, but there are some serious doubts now.

My gut feel is 10 more games.....AH likes Nolo too much to fire him yet, plus he's spent a shed-load of cash already and might need to pay him compo....10 games to get 15 points? Sounds sensible?

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is the point elite pie comes on and reiterates the point I'm a chav and have no clue about Nolan....
    I'm pretty sure that EP like most of us was down the Lane supporting our club at that point were you? If as some are suggesting KN has lost the plot then maybe he should resign otherwise he should be given time to put things right imo ! Just like the last half a dozen times that the same fans have been calling for the managers head I will say be careful what you wish for because the last 6 or so appointments show the calibre of applicant we are liable to get!!!

Tarquin have to say I absolutely agree with you.Although Elite who has me down as the devil incarnate , I actually want Nolan to succeed but think it is highly unlikely he will and judging by tonight's debacle and people's opinions I think most agree with me

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Tarquin have to say I absolutely agree with you.Although Elite who has me down as the devil incarnate , I actually want Nolan to succeed but think it is highly unlikely he will and judging by tonight's debacle and people's opinions I think most agree with me
    When Elite gets back, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't also have serious doubts over Nolo's future!......something looks wrong to me, especially with the pre-match announcement about Chettle....the players just didn't look bothered....maybe they've also heard mutterings and rumours?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    My gut feel is 10 more games.....AH likes Nolo too much to fire him yet, plus he's spent a shed-load of cash already and might need to pay him compo....10 games to get 15 points? Sounds sensible?
    Yes, sounds sensible to me.

There's no disguising that tonight's performance was shocking and I'm certainly not going to defend it. However, I think Kevin Nolan's achievements in the previous two seasons will earn him patience from Alan Hardy, partly because I believe he does like Nolo and wants him to succeed, and partly because he will have seen from the Ray Trew era that firing managers early has not been the route to stability or success in the past.

Nolan's comments post-match were pretty predictable and he couldn't say much else. I thought his most pertinent point is that he did take over a team on a massive losing streak and turn it around, so although he is under increasing pressure after tonight, fairer minded people might give him the benefit of the doubt that he can go back to the drawing board and do it again.

As you say, Tarkers, we need to look at the direction of travel after 10 games rather than 3, and your points target would seem reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    When Elite gets back, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't also have serious doubts over Nolo's future!......something looks wrong to me, especially with the pre-match announcement about Chettle....the players just didn't look bothered....maybe they've also heard mutterings and rumours?
    After a performance as bad as that I have serious doubts over the whole bloody squad! I had to keep counting the players to make sure I hadn't missed a couple of red cards and we only had 9 on the pitch. Of course Nolan has to take much of the blame, but he can't be expected to win tackles in midfield and headers in the box. We knocked it around quite well for 20 minutes or so, but the warning signs were already apparent because despite having limited possession Yeovil had missed three decent chances. Once their first goal went in that was it, game over. The Notts players threw in the towel and made Yeovil look like world beaters. I can cope with being outplayed by a better side, but not being outfought like we were tonight. An absolute shambles and very worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    After a performance as bad as that I have serious doubts over the whole bloody squad! I had to keep counting the players to make sure I hadn't missed a couple of red cards and we only had 9 on the pitch. Of course Nolan has to take much of the blame, but he can't be expected to win tackles in midfield and headers in the box. We knocked it around quite well for 20 minutes or so, but the warning signs were already apparent because despite having limited possession Yeovil had missed three decent chances. Once their first goal went in that was it, game over. The Notts players threw in the towel and made Yeovil look like world beaters. I can cope with being outplayed by a better side, but not being outfought like we were tonight. An absolute shambles and very worrying.
    So, out of curiosity, do you also feel that Nolo has a set time or points total to put this right?......AH strikes me as an extremely successful businessman who is not going to tolerate 1 point off bottom of the league for very long

An absolute shambolic performance which ranks along side the Barnet game of last season.Nolan has once again proved without any doubt that he is just not up to the job. By continuing to play Duffy, Jones and Hewitt who were the 3 worst players on the pitch is just litterally taking the p*ss..

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast