+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will Nolan get?

So.... I repeat my question, one which attracted such ridicule and scorn from other parts.How long has Nolan got??? For there is no improvement since I asked that question, in fact quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    So.... I repeat my question, one which attracted such ridicule and scorn from other parts.How long has Nolan got??? For there is no improvement since I asked that question, in fact quite the opposite.
    And I suspect there's no real change to the answer. If we lose tonight and three/four more games in a row, then Hardy will probably be forced to act more quickly than he would want, but otherwise he'll probably bide his time until mid October and assess where we are in the table then. I would say we would need to be no lower than top half at that stage.

Thanks Jackal, I happen to agree for what it's worth and contrary to many people's opinions on here, I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong about Nolan.

If Hardy wants to use the loan market then Nolan has to go now

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Thanks Jackal, I happen to agree for what it's worth and contrary to many people's opinions on here, I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong about Nolan.
    I think Hardy will be desperate not to go down the Ray Trew route if he can avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I think Hardy will be desperate not to go down the Ray Trew route if he can avoid it.
    He wouldn't be, Nolan has already had more league games in charge than any of Trew's appointments. More than double the amount of most of them.

He's spent half a million on players and we are pretty much bottom of the league. If Nolan doesn't think he's under pressure, he's deluded

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He's spent half a million on players and we are pretty much bottom of the league. If Nolan doesn't think he's under pressure, he's deluded

Well, we are now in the relegation zone as Morecambe are winning.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    He wouldn't be, Nolan has already had more league games in charge than any of Trew's appointments. More than double the amount of most of them.
    It depends how Hardy sees it. Is the glass half full from the first year of Nolan's reign, or half empty in terms of the past eight months or so? It's not so much a question of how long Trew gave each manager, but rather, how bad things need to be in Hardy's opinion to warrant a change.

Like I've said above, any lower than mid-table come the end of October and Hardy might feel compelled to act, but I think he's desperate to try to maintain stability and ride these problems out rather than commence the merry-go-round. Plus by all accounts he actually likes the manager personally, which might buy Nolo a bit of extra time.

So after Friday the minimum we'd expect is a reaction and yet it's no better tonight. Nolan doesn't have any answers and has to replace this defence or resign.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast