+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will Nolan get?

Disappointing as the start has been, I can't believe people are already getting on Kevin Nolans back. This time last year he was being touted as a future England manager, so at least give him until Christmas, after all he did save us from a likely drop into the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by youstylishmagpies View Post
    I heard that on the way to the game. Bit weird for AH to mention the drinks when KN going out for a meal with Fletcher, (which he wasn't present at as he had other business to attend) then back track on himself to say soft drinks only. If there's no drinking problem why mention it then correct yourself?
    Yeah we did say all that after we heard it, got the impression AH had heard rumours himself.

You can only assume that he’s an astute businessman and has spent far too much money for it to be wasted by these sort of problems. It is early days for this stuff to be flying about. Good win against Yeovil and no one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    got the impression AH had heard rumours himself.
    Shouldn't that read "got the impression AH had heard rumours about himself" ?

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    Disappointing as the start hthe as been, I can't believe people are already getting on Kevin Nolans back. This time last year he was being touted as a future England manager, .....
    By whom? Not by anyone on here. It was by the person who also thought we were in for a treat because the training went well - but I don't think the guy knows much about football at this level.

A Nolan witch hunt? I can see AH getting fed up with our fans constant whinging and accusations and leaving himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    A Nolan witch hunt? I can see AH getting fed up with our fans constant whinging and accusations and leaving himself.
    Agree, some on here have very short memories and forget we are a minor league two club with no right to any success.

Unfortunately I think it’s a reflection of the ’I want it now’ society we now live in where if it doesn’t work immediately it’s thrown away. Success doesn’t happen overnight, things need time to take affect to change for the better, this is real life not the latest version of Football Manager. But to be fair it was the same old crap on here after the Coventry game.

AH and KN have turned the club around massively the least some on here could do is have some patience and give them the support, time and respect they deserve. You couldn’t blame AH for selling up with the amount of abuse he gets on here.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 13-08-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Some on here are wanting a sacking for the fun of it, mental.
    Holy cow but it's difficult to have a sensible conversation online sometimes!

Not picking on you personally, optipez, but a number of posters have said the same thing, and yet no one that I can see is saying Nolo should be sacked on the spot.

What a lot of people are saying, which I agree with, is that he's had two pre-seasons now, a lot of cash to spend, and the support of a very enthusiastic chairman. Performances, not to say results, should be better than they are.

I've no idea about the allegations of drinking, but the post Cambridge game interview is pretty depressing. He doesn't look or sound competitive, combative, inspirational or energetic. He looks and sounds tired, hesitant and sloppy.

Particularly worrying from a longer term pov, is that at 3:46 he's asked "Loan window open, are there areas of your defence that you do want to strengthen?" he answers "Erm, well, I haven't really thought about it." Perhaps he's joking, perhaps he's happy with Notts' defence. He hasn't made any significant changes so we have to assume it's the latter.

He's not a newbie manager anymore, he's a big boy, manager of the bookies favourites to win the league, but he and the team's performances don't look like it at all.

It's not stamp collecting, this is a high pressure environment. Only 2 games into this season, but I think the OP's right to ask how many games does he get. We, or Hardy to be exact, should be asking hard questions after what we've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Agree, some on here have very short memories and forget we are a minor league two club with no right to any success.

Unfortunately I think it’s a reflection of the ’I want it now’ society we now live in where if it doesn’t work immediately it’s thrown away. Success doesn’t happen overnight, things need time to take affect to change for the better, this is real life not the latest version of Football Manager. But to be fair it was the same old crap on here after the Coventry game.

AH and KN have turned the club around massively the least some on here could do is have some patience and give them the support, time and respect they deserve. You couldn’t blame AH for selling up with the amount of abuse he gets on here.
    Very well said kels

Last season Notts almost got promotion. Hardy put his money where his mouth was and spent big and early to cover some deficiencies in the team. People being people thought Notts would come out for the new season leaner and fitter as a result of these adjustments. Yet the pre-season was singularly uninspiring. The warnings were there.
    Take no notice of a few no-count friendlies was the conventional wisdom.
    However, based on what fans are saying and the bit of Notts seen online, those pre-season games actually sounded a warning that should have been heeded.
    Notts bought early yet key new players are still not match fit. Why on earth not? Doesn't that have something to do with the management of the club?
    Early days, but there are ominous signs that Notts are in for a typical up and down bummer of a season.

At least another 5 years hopefully

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast