+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will Nolan get?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Those two were fit enough to suit up on opening day for the 0-0 v Colchester

https://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...392/teams/home

I think it might have been better to start both and take them off after 55-60 mins, or earlier, if they were struggling.
    It would have made more of a statement, now we're wondering if KN's going to pick Brisley and Stead ahead of them, Too much of that and we'll be way behind the top sides setting the pace for autos.
    Neither were fully fit. If you rush a player back from injury, you do more hard then good. Hence the bench to get a few mins to help their rehab, but not start and risk injury. Its really not some kind of ulterior motive to piss fans off.

Although, i am a little concerned how many injuries we appear to have picked up over the summer
    Ox
    Patching
    Dennis
    Hemmings
    Hall
    Kellet

all had some kind of reason to be out.

Some people do their best work under pressure.

There's a difference between calling for someone's head and calling someone out when they seem complacent. I'm worried that Nolo, and Hemmings, seem too laid back AND Notts aren't looking that sharp.

I'd rather yank the crank a little now than wait till we've got a run of bad form going - but my first instinct would be to make sure KN's got everything he needs to hit the ground running.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    I believe he should go.
    Haha! Quality Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I suspect only Brisley can answer that, but you seem to be missing my point. Of course training routines are needed, but Brisley's error was so basic it doesn't need an extra training session to correct it, it just needs Brisley to make the right decision at the time.
    No, not missing your point, I actually agree with you that it should be a natural thing to do BUT he didn’t do it at that time, who’s to say he won’t do it next time? The options are to determine why he didn’t do it, if it’s a decision making issue then work on that with the sports psychologist or some other coaching or mentoring technique, alternatively just drop him for being sh1t?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    No, not missing your point, I actually agree with you that it should be a natural thing to do BUT he didn’t do it at that time, who’s to say he won’t do it next time? The options are to determine why he didn’t do it, if it’s a decision making issue then work on that with the sports psychologist or some other coaching or mentoring technique, alternatively just drop him for being sh1t?
    Interesting question, and difficult to answer. The easy option is to drop him, but once you've done that you have to be sure his replacement would be an improvement. On balance I think Hall probably would, but if he's injured then Bird is the only other like-for-like option. I've been reasonably impressed with Bird so far, but it might be a bit early for him at this stage of his career. My main point was that it's hard to be too critical of Nolan after two games when he was badly let down by his squad at Cambridge.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Let's look at the comments on here in the last few days, bearing in mind that most people were happy with our squad on the eve of the new season.

Fitz - not good enough, need a new keeper

Brisley and Duffy - Conference standard at best, need a new defence

Jones - can't defend, need a new left back

Hewitt - can't tackle, only looked good cause of Yates

Vaughan - easy on the eye but no forward passes

Enzio - couldn't control the ball a week ago apparently, we've been sold a dud. Scores a worldy and barely gets a mention outside of the match thread

Stead - legs have gone, donkey

Also manager is crap and chairman is a liar.

After two games.
    Your posts are more like sermons. Enzio scores a wonder goal and long may it continue. Doesn't change the fact that in games I have seen him his first touch for a professional footballer is awful. As for being sold a dud , what I said is I HOPED we hadn't. I believe for geographical reasons you don't get to watch Notts, no ****.
    Last edited by navypie; 13-08-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Your posts are more like sermons. Enzio scores a wonder goal and long may it continue. Doesn't change the fact that in games I have seen him his first touch for a professional footballer is awful. As for being sold a dud , what I said is I HOPED we hadn't. I believe for geographical reasons you don't get to watch Notts, no ****.
    You must have been wearing two eye patches Mi Hearty if you ever thought his first touch was awful, even against Colchester.

Clearly a very good player at League 2 level, and so far our biggest attacking threat.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I only get to two or three games a season in the flesh, you're right.

I'm just putting my point across, if you don't like what I say that's fine but I stand by it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You must have been wearing two eye patches Mi Hearty if you ever thought his first touch was awful, even against Colchester.

Clearly a very good player at League 2 level, and so far our biggest attacking threat.
    Well you would have been to busy torching the corner flags to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Interesting question, and difficult to answer. The easy option is to drop him, but once you've done that you have to be sure his replacement would be an improvement. On balance I think Hall probably would, but if he's injured then Bird is the only other like-for-like option. I've been reasonably impressed with Bird so far, but it might be a bit early for him at this stage of his career. My main point was that it's hard to be too critical of Nolan after two games when he was badly let down by his squad at Cambridge.
    I am critical of Nolan because imo he asn't strengthened a defence that most fans see as a weakness and has been for a few seasons now. How long have we been crying out for a decent central defender or two even pre Nolan? He can tell Brisley, Duffy or Jones what he wants from them but if they are not good enough or capable on a consistent basis of doing it then replace them.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast