+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will Nolan get?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Notts bought early yet key new players are still not match fit. Why on earth not?
    Because they were carrying injuries or ill and couldn't start training at the same time as the other players, but that's boring so let's go all in and say because they spent pre season drinking with Nolan in the gym, shots all round every time Fletcher went through his contact list of co-commentators asking if they had kids available for a one year contract and down your pint every time Hardy blocked a Notts fan on Twitter.

How long he gets will depend on his blood alcohol when they catch him driving home.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    How long he gets will depend on his blood alcohol when they catch him driving home.
    Yeah he's not only an alcoholic now he's also a drink driver. He doesn't just need sacking he needs locking up! The bloke's a monster!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Yeah he's not only an alcoholic now he's also a drink driver. He doesn't just need sacking he needs locking up! The bloke's a monster!
    Drunk in charge of my football team, capitol offence!

So you think all the stories are pure fabrication? If he is on the piss in to the early hours, he'll find it hard to preach to his players on their behaviour when / if he sets such a low bar because they will know about his habits?

Previous post was an attempt at humour btw, seems to have escaped you.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 13-08-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Drunk in charge of my football team, capitol offence!

So you think all the stories are pure fabrication? If he is on the piss in to the early hours, he'll find it hard to preach to his players on their behaviour when / if he sets such a low bar because they will know about his habits?

Previous post was an attempt at humour btw, seems to have escaped you.
    Yes it did escape me.

Fergie and Clough seemed to be able to enforce discipline well enough.

I don't know if they're fabrication or truth, but I don't like the way they're being taken as gospel, I don't like the way they've been seized upon after a defeat, and if they are true I don't like the way that 99% of posters seem to show no concern for his health / state of mind.

Funny how on another thread we all decided to become Notts fans because we're humble underdogs and not arrogant like our friends across the river, now cause we're not running away with the league after two games the manager's a dysfunctional aggressive alcoholic and all our players are ****.

Yes it did escape me.

I don't know if they're fabrication or truth, but I don't like the way they're being taken as gospel, I don't like the way they've been seized upon after a defeat, and if they are true I don't like the way that 99% of posters seem to show no concern for his health / state of mind.

Funny how on another thread we all decided to become Notts fans because we're humble underdogs and not arrogant like our friends across the river, now cause we're not running away with the league after two games the manager's a dysfunctional aggressive alcoholic and all our players are ****.
    Well said Driller.

I haven't seen one person on here maybe bar Durham who wants KN sacking. The run of performances second half of last season, pre season and so far this gives us paying customers and life long fans every right to question if there is something wrong. If anyone is over reacting it's those saying 'look everyone wants KN to be sacked' No they don't drama queens, they just want to know why the performances are steadily decreasing whilst the team is on paper steadily improving. Oh and no one apart from AH said Nolan was a future England manager as that would obviously be talking nonsense until he has proven success. You can't have blind faith just as you can't have unadulterated negativity, you have to look at the evidence and then question it if you feel the need to.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I haven't seen one person on here maybe bar Durham who wants KN sacking. The run of performances second half of last season, pre season and so far this gives us paying customers and life long fans every right to question if there is something wrong. If anyone is over reacting it's those saying 'look everyone wants KN to be sacked' No they don't drama queens, they just want to know why the performances are steadily decreasing whilst the team is on paper steadily improving. Oh and no one apart from AH said Nolan was a future England manager as that would obviously be talking nonsense until he has proven success. You can't have blind faith just as you can't have unadulterated negativity, you have to look at the evidence and then question it if you feel the need to.
    This^^^ Reasoned and sensible.

And no one is saying all the players are **** either Driller, they're saying Jones is suspect defensively which to anyone watching the games is evident and that Duffy isn't that great either. Brisley is normally more reliable but was at fault for two of the goals on Saturday. Where has anyone said all our players are ****?

People don't half talk nonsense on here.

Yes it did escape me.

Maybe because as Notts fans, we've had our fill of failure and false dawns and it's seems that our white night maybe be a couple of steps from wobbling off his steed.

Nolan has been 'bigged up' and fans had very high hopes, on top of poor performabces, we now have rumours of drinking a la HK and look at the state he left us in.

I hope all the rumours are not true and whilst I hope KN is in rude health, my club and it's survival, are far more important than one grown man who maybe, cannot control his drinking? He's an adultwith the future of our club in his hands, if he's aware of the rumours, maybe he needs to squash them if it's not true and not wait for an unfortunate public misadventure to dethrone him. It's not just his drinking, he was described in one post as aggressive or belligerent, not the best combo and it usually leads to an unsavoury event in some late night bar or taxi rank.

Really hope it's all nonsense but it's got enough traction now that it needs dealing with?
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 13-08-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast