+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will Nolan get?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Let's look at the comments on here in the last few days, bearing in mind that most people were happy with our squad on the eve of the new season.

Fitz - not good enough, need a new keeper

Brisley and Duffy - Conference standard at best, need a new defence

Jones - can't defend, need a new left back

Hewitt - can't tackle, only looked good cause of Yates

Vaughan - easy on the eye but no forward passes

Enzio - couldn't control the ball a week ago apparently, we've been sold a dud. Scores a worldy and barely gets a mention outside of the match thread

Stead - legs have gone, donkey

Also manager is crap and chairman is a liar.

After two games.
    Nobody's saying Nolan out apart from the two posters who are actually saying it and the others who started posting gossip about him minutes after the final whistle on Saturday.

Nobody is banning anybody from expressing their opinion, people are free to say what they want and I'm free to say it's premature and unreasonable.
    You are this is true mate, I'm all for saying what you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    You are this is true mate, I'm all for saying what you feel.
    👍

What a load of old tosh some people speak on here
    Defence is terrible, yet it was the 4th best last season, he’s brought in cover with Chamberlin and Hall.
    Keepers rubbish yet he was decent last season and many people saying he was better than Collin.
    Enzios a dud, yet if your saw the feedback from the Crawley fans they were absolutely gutted he left.
    Nolans the next Brian Clough for having a few beers in West Bridgford.
    Good god it’s 2 games and we are making big changes in personnel and system, the squad is definitely stronger than last year and we have also added a proven goal scorer at this level which everyone was crying out for last season.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    What a load of old tosh some people speak on here
    Defence is terrible, yet it was the 4th best last season, he’s brought in cover with Chamberlin and Hall.
    Keepers rubbish yet he was decent last season and many people saying he was better than Collin.
    Enzios a dud, yet if your saw the feedback from the Crawley fans they were absolutely gutted he left.
    Nolans the next Brian Clough for having a few beers in West Bridgford.
    Good god it’s 2 games and we are making big changes in personnel and system, the squad is definitely stronger than last year and we have also added a proven goal scorer at this level which everyone was crying out for last season.
    The guy speaks sense

I only get to two or three games a season in the flesh, you're right.

I'm just putting my point across, if you don't like what I say that's fine but I stand by it.
    And I'm just putting my point across. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Enzio score another cracker on Friday night ( if I ever get out of this borehole) and go on to be a Notts great,it's just in the 3 games I have Seen him play he's failed to impress me at all.
    Last edited by navypie; 14-08-2018 at 05:28 PM.

So...any update this evening ?

Quote Originally Posted by cjpieman View Post
    So...any update this evening ?
    No it's only half time.

In answer to the question..............hopefully not much longer.......the bloke is clueless

I'm pretty sure this is the point elite pie comes on and reiterates the point I'm a chav and have no clue about Nolan....

There's a degree of similarity with Derry in that he kept Notts up from a seemingly impossible position, then had an amazing run in the first half of the following season and lived off that run until he was finally dismissed. Nolan had a more sustained run of success but then Derry didn't have the backing from the board that Nolan has.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast