+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tactical change

Really enjoyable game again . Said it before but we’ll always dip after half time after the effort of the first half until it’s time for the subs to come on .Absolutley battered them at the start of the game . Agree about Pinnock he’s so composed and big Vic will become a fans favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Stendel izza genius to bring those subs on when he did.
    Well from coming off the killing fields of the championship , battered , bruised and a fat lip he seems to have turned the mindset around in a fairly short space of time .

Not an easy thing to do when you are found to be not good enough and relegated .

Well I am not sure Hecky or Morais would have got them right. Stendel did the same last week. Today was a test and the team passed with flying colours

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well from coming off the killing fields of the championship , battered , bruised and a fat lip he seems to have turned the mindset around in a fairly short space of time .

Not an easy thing to do when you are found to be not good enough and relegated .
    He’s changed all the training sessions . Really well structured now, has them in at 9am. Stendel didn’t rate McCarthy and it was his decision to get rid and got the young lad off his mate at Huddersfield.

Also we tried to get Dougall in January but couldn’t sort it in time , thankfully he was still available in the summer .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    He’s changed all the training sessions . Really well structured now, has them in at 9am. Stendel didn’t rate McCarthy and it was his decision to get rid and got the young lad off his mate at Huddersfield.

Also we tried to get Dougall in January but couldn’t sort it in time , thankfully he was still available in the summer .
    The body language is different ESR , I try to take note of this kind of shyte when I watch football games because it can tell you a hell of a lot .

Noticed they look confident , assured and that bit of attitude you get when things are good .

You never want to get carried away too much but it looks to me as though it could be a good season to say the least .

I'm tipping top half at least !!!

:-) :-) :-)

We’ve got some big lads now. Barnsley over recent seasons always seamed to get bullied and be lightweight but the boot seems on the other foot now. Love how this guy kicks and heads every ball on the touch line . Makes it seem to the players like he’s out there with them. Early doors and things will inevitably dip sometime but a dream start ! We’re never top of the league are we so enjoy it everyone , what’s not to like at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Stendel didn’t rate McCarthy and it was his decision to get rid and got the young lad off his mate at Huddersfield.
    Just gone down in my estimation then........ LOL. Is he really his mate? Nah..... can’t be. Don’t spoil my day by saying that!.....
    Stendel out!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Just gone down in my estimation then........ LOL. Is he really his mate? Nah..... can’t be. Don’t spoil my day by saying that!.....
    Stendel out!
    I've no axe to grind with Town Jules but I think you maybe in a significantly better place this season mate socially speaking .

I think they'll do well not to finish rock bottom of the PL with well under 30 points .

Not slating them because they've done well but I believe times up on this little day in the sun and we will both meet next season in the championship .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've no axe to grind with Town Jules but I think you maybe in a significantly better place this season mate socially speaking .

I think they'll do well not to finish rock bottom of the PL with well under 30 points .

Not slating them because they've done well but I believe times up on this little day in the sun and we will both meet next season in the championship .
    As you always say Animal..... “Powder dry” Whatever we do this season, even if we go up with 120points won’t be discussed.....
    They still believe they are the Master race, even more than the Leeds fans do.. and thats based on winning the League 3 times a hundred years ago.........
    What irks me is that they will be rewarded for failure eventually in a way that we didn’t when we were relegated. Their Owner, and Manager I admire very much.
    Their fans, ( ESR’s family excepted) I detest.

I do hope you are right

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    As you always say Animal..... “Powder dry” Whatever we do this season, even if we go up with 120points won’t be discussed.....
    They still believe they are the Master race, even more than the Leeds fans do.. and thats based on winning the League 3 times a hundred years ago.........
    What irks me is that they will be rewarded for failure eventually in a way that we didn’t when we were relegated. Their Owner, and Manager I admire very much.
    Their fans, ( ESR’s family excepted) I detest.

I do hope you are right
    I never want to do the sour grapes thing but feck me with Huddersfield Town it does test you .

Two penalty shoot outs that got them in to the PL , at least we went up automatically mate !!

Two draws at Man city who had already won the league and simply couldn't be @ssed and at Chelsea that well let's put it tbis way was Liverpool v Us in 2008 , cough !!! ,

Ain't no way they are staying up this time mate , normal service will be resumed , trust me .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast