+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tactical change

After watching highlights against Chelsea they looked p*ss poor unfit and didn't have a clue only 1 game I know but definitely relegation

Those cardboard clappers they put on the seats at Huddersfield fo fans to mek noise mek me cringe. Thur o'reyt in places like Brighton but, in Yorkshire ? NO. I hope Chien dun't start em at Oakwell to add to the "matchday experience". Red's fans at Bradford yisterdi wo proper football fan noise.

Back to the game - what were your player ratings SB? I was not at the game so appreciate some comments - looks like Moncur had a better sub impact game yesterday compared to the Oxford game?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Back to the game - what were your player ratings SB? I was not at the game so appreciate some comments - looks like Moncur had a better sub impact game yesterday compared to the Oxford game?
    They all played well Chops. I expected mooar from Bradford but maybe this is the norm in the present Third Division. That sounds Wednesdayish but not meant to be. Know better after ten games.

Davies--8-not much to do but one good point blank save, kicking improved from last year, played the sweeper role (Stendel ?)
    Pinnilos--8 -calm, assured, supportrd attack well
    Lindsay--9- ed Bradford attack in his pocket
    Pinnock--10-masterclass, won every ball, one piece of defending chasing back and gerrin the ball back from that Irish lad who had a yard start on him wo brilliant
    Carvery-- 9-a beast, ed Scannell sooarted, good bursts forrad, no rash tackles
    Potts --8
    Dougall--8 broke up developing attacks, calm distribution
    Mowatt-- 9-This lad ez shed heyf his bodyweight and looks up forrit this year
    Thiam--7- Despite his now cult status with the fans he edden average game. Once again he wo buggered after an hour and he himself signalled to come off.
    Bradshaw -8 -- Looks interested again, well taken goal to top a period of intense pressure on their goal
    Moore 9-- Too big and strong fo the Bradford defence. Went off following trying to play on after a knock. Illustrates wot awwo saying other day abart hoping key players dunt get injured.
    Moncur--9-bet players with ease, set up Adeboyo's tappin with good run along side of penalty area and byline
    Adeboyo--8-on the spot again forriz goal

Fan set next to me--0--Fat bugger, heyf his arse worron mi lap, elbow up all time near mi forehead. Constant sharting on every pass, a mean every pass of "Well done (insert player's first name) even if was a sh1te pass when he would shart "Unlucky lad". His trarsers stank of piss n'all. (Hope it wont thee Ponte )

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Well I am not sure Hecky or Morais would have got them right. Stendel did the same last week. Today was a test and the team passed with flying colours
    A can remember Hecky getting it right when we played against Third Division clubs. We even won promotion and the JPT Trophy.

Thanks SB for that, good to get some comments from the guys on here that see a game as always others like me yesterday not at the game. Seen enough pre-season games and last week's win over to Oxford to think we will do well this season but was expecting a tough game at Badford but looks like we bossed it.

Sorry to hear you were unlucky again with the guy in the next seat, maybe it was nudger

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thiam wo buggered after an hour and signalled to come off. Moore dint want to aggravate his injury. Hence brought Moncur and Adeboyo on. Not a master stroke of genius.
    Gutted that wiv wun. Rubbish.

A reyt enjoyed it. A dominant performance. Hope nobody comes in fo Pinnock befooar 31 Aug. That lad is class.
    Thiam's inability fitness wise to go much past an hour shouldn't be a problem just as long as the 60 minutes he's on the park massively effects the game .

An impact starter if you like , some good options on the bench to come on and finish the game for us .

Got to be doing it full on for an hour though or we look at other options in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A can remember Hecky getting it right when we played against Third Division clubs. We even won promotion and the JPT Trophy.
    True

It just shows the quality we've got on the bench, and they (players like Moncur & Adeboyejo) can come on and turn the game back in our favour. Its a very important asset to have at this level.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123