+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nolan's record in 2018

I like the way you chose the first weekend game in 2018 to avoid including the win on New Year’s Day, even though your title says Nolan’s record in 2018. Proper politicians stuff that! Nolan’s league record in 2018 is W8 D7 L8. That would get 62 points over the season, which would have seen us finish 10th If you include the Play-offs, we would still have finished 11th. Not great, but not awful to say this is being picked out as a particularly bad run.
    Last edited by Runner_Pie; 13-08-2018 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runner_Pie View Post
    I like the way you chose the first weekend game in 2018 to avoid including the win on New Year’s Day, even though your title says Nolan’s record in 2018. Proper politicians stuff that! Nolan’s league record in 2018 is W8 D7 L8. That would get 62 points over the season, which would have seen us finish 10th If you include the Play-offs, we would still have finished 11th. Not great, but not awful to say this is being picked out as a particularly bad run.
    It's not just a matter of results though is it, performances have been, with a few stand out exceptions, piss poor.

Fans are unsettled by his apparent rigidity in both team selection and tactics, I think it's a genuine concern.

The reason Nolan did so well in 2017 and not anywhere as well in 2018 is down to one thing, a battling midfielder. 2017, we played with O'Connor and Milsom at the end of the 2016/17 season. At the start of 2017/18 we had Yates, then he left and since then we have not had one and I think that shows something

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    The reason Nolan did so well in 2017 and not anywhere as well in 2018 is down to one thing, a battling midfielder. 2017, we played with O'Connor and Milsom at the end of the 2016/17 season. At the start of 2017/18 we had Yates, then he left and since then we have not had one and I think that shows something
    Def a factor but I don't think it's quite so simple?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post

Fans are unsettled by his apparent rigidity in both team selection and tactics, I think it's a genuine concern.

Who is doing this Fan survey ? They haven't asked me and as a season ticket holder I would have wanted to be included.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    Who is doing this Fan survey ? They haven't asked me and as a season ticket holder I would have wanted to be included.
    So opine, what's stopping you?

People are obviously talking about conversations they've hd with other fans at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Gobsmacking and embarrassing.
    Its time to shut this particular Mad Board down imo b4 someone says something they may regret for good. Nolan was the greatest thing since sliced bread as was Big Al when they saved our Football League Status, now things are not quite so Tickerty Boo, they are crying for changes amazing really.

Do you really want to return to the Dark Days we have just left behind, you sound like spoilt kids whose parents have taken your favourite Toy away because you have misbehaved.

Truly Amazing and we have only played two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    It's not just a matter of results though is it, performances have been, with a few stand out exceptions, piss poor.

Which is why Nolan went out and bought players who can offer something we didn’t have last season (Kellett, Hemings, Boldewijn, Thomas, Dennis). I didn’t go to Cambridge but have read a number of reports from those that did saying there were clear signs of improvement from the Colchester game. The complaints were about defensive calamities, but not the style of play. It’s going to take time, but as usual, so many modern day fans want instant success. Let’s be honest, if Hemmings had scored that sitter in the last minute, this thread would never have been written.
    Last edited by Runner_Pie; 13-08-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runner_Pie View Post
    Which is why Nolan went out and bought players who can offer something we didn’t have last season (Kellett, Hemings, Boldewijn, Thomas, Dennis). I didn’t go to Cambridge but have read a number of reports from those that did saying there were clear signs of improvement from the Colchester game. The complaints were about defensive calamities, but not the style of play. It’s going to take time, but as usual, so many modern day fans want instant success. Let’s be honest, if Hemmings had scored that sitter in the last minute, this thread would never have been written.
    I agree with you 150%. Spot On.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123