+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nolan's record in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    And so it begins
    Incredible isn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Incredible isn't it!
    This would be fine but look at his record since Yates left, it's legitimate to be slightly concerned I think.

Incredible isn't it!
    I thought I was the only one who thinks it's not time to talk about the manager's position etc.

Maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    This would be fine but look at his record since Yates left, it's legitimate to be slightly concerned I think.
    Slightly concerned I'm fine with, but some of the comments above sound like outright panic.

Yates was a key component in making the 4-4-2 work and I don't think we've been the same since, so maybe Nolan will have to start looking at changing the formation to suit the current personnel, but there's plenty of time to do that, and we're still talking about the manager who pulled us out of a relegation freefall and led us to 5th last season. Obviously he had the skills to change our fortunes then, so give him the benefit of the doubt and time and see if he can do so again.

Incredible isn't it!
    Yes it is, but in the literal sense of the word it actually isn't!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Even his overall stats, going back to the day he took charge against Mansfield, would not be enough for automatic. If you include the two play-off games as well as all league games, his average points per game probably wouldn't be enough to make the play-offs (a 73 pts projection). That is to say, he has to improve upon - not just equal - his results since arriving in January 2017. The stark fact is that results have gradually worsened over a long period of time and much of his success (8 wins, more than he's managed this calendar year) was condensed into a very brief period of six weeks last August/September.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I remember looking on the Orient fans site when we appointed him, they reckoned then that he was a boozer, allegedly!!!
    I hope he doesn't find Sheridan's old stash so! ..... but honestly if he is struggling with it then I hope he get's out the other end and fast, alcoholism is a horrible thing and can affect anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    It's the complete lack of urgency in so many games that concerns me. We rarely seen to start with any intent.

I think it's too early to panic, but we need a win soon to stop the pressure mounting.
    I get that Rob but I think its the individual mistakes that cost us time after time, the first goal today was comical but it ain't the first time it has happened, this defense just doesn't breath any confidence in me, Hall coming in might help a little but who do you drop... Bris and Duffy both have more off days than on.

Incredible isn't it!
    Gobsmacking and embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    League and play-off results since the first weekend league game back in January......

Played 24 - Points 29
    Won 7 Drawn 8 Lost 9

Average 1.21 pts per game

That form spread over 46 games would give you 56 points, which would have seen a team finish 15th last season.
    Personally I don't think that is such a bad record with the forward line we had
    I believe these stats will be much improved when he plays Dennis & Hemming's together and regularly from the start of a game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast