+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well Done Kevin Nolan

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Nearly all is signings are from relegated teams.
    I can think of 2...Kellett wasnt actually from a relegated team, he was just on loan there, and weve not seen him yet, so you cant judge.
    Dennis, scored a bucket load in a poor team, surely thats a good thing? Imagine him in a half decent side?

Was there anyone else, or are we calling 2/12 'nearly all'?

Sorry I keep getting spoilt by watching basford united just expect more from professionals footballers

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Sorry I keep getting spoilt by watching basford united just expect more from professionals footballers
    Which players are you referring to?
    And have you anymore to add to your relegated list?

... what surprises me, KN being keen to improve and develop players, is that ... we have a LB who over the course of last season and so far this season shows little or no sign of being committed to stopping crosses; a CB (Duffy) who still shows no sign of dominating opposing CF's; a CB (Bris) who has had a lengthy decline in form which appears to continue despite being allowed to play his way back to form.
    Just what is our coaching team doing Mon-Fri ?

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Because he was part of a Chesterfield side that couldn't win a raffle and decided not to retain him for their league 2 campaign. He was the LB in a side that shipped goals for fun. Last season he was kept out of the side for large parts by Dickinson. His fitness is questionable and he can't tackle or mark properly regardless of what league he is in.

Are you happy with his performances at left back?
    His fitness is definitely questionable but whenever myself or anyone that went with me to games last season saw Dickinson's name in the team instead of Jones we were usually devastated. I was happy enough with his performances last season (other than his opening day game at Coventry obviously) and thought he was pretty poor against Colchester in a game that nobody impressed in. Didn't go to Cambridge so couldn't comment but 2 games wouldn't be enough to want to get rid of him imo.

Regarding whether he can tackle properly, I'll remind you of our goal at the Ricoh in the playoffs that was made completely by his ability to put in a great tackle... His weakness imo is switching off and having to rely on his pace to get back in to position.

I think he's at worst "average" for this level, the weakness in our defence is in the middle, goalkeeper and CB's, I think we're fine at full back on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... what surprises me, KN being keen to improve and develop players, is that ... we have a LB who over the course of last season and so far this season shows little or no sign of being committed to stopping crosses; a CB (Duffy) who still shows no sign of dominating opposing CF's; a CB (Bris) who has had a lengthy decline in form which appears to continue despite being allowed to play his way back to form.
    Just what is our coaching team doing Mon-Fri ?
    It would be interesting to know just how long they spend "training". I know the Prem is a world away from Div2 but I was listening on t'wireless to a Prem player mapping out his regular training day. In for 11:00, some gym work, lunch, some stretches, home by 13:00. I know if I was the manager/owner training would start at 09:00 and end when I said so.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    It would be interesting to know just how long they spend "training". I know the Prem is a world away from Div2 but I was listening on t'wireless to a Prem player mapping out his regular training day. In for 11:00, some gym work, lunch, some stretches, home by 13:00. I know if I was the manager/owner training would start at 09:00 and end when I said so.
    I'd say that's fairly standard so good luck attracting players with your methods. Graham Westley did double training sessions at Stevenage and it worked alright until he took those methods to Preston and the players were having none of it.

Not sure about the "home by 1300" though. It does help with players having to commute to their training ground getting in later but your time hasn't left any room for actual "on pitch" training so maybe that player was recovering from injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I'd say that's fairly standard so good luck attracting players with your methods. Graham Westley did double training sessions at Stevenage and it worked alright until he took those methods to Preston and the players were having none of it.

Not sure about the "home by 1300" though. It does help with players having to commute to their training ground getting in later but your time hasn't left any room for actual "on pitch" training so maybe that player was recovering from injury?
    Apparently Bielsa has got Leeds players doing a full working day, and made the club build a dormitory for them so they can have a nap after lunch then get back to work.

And God forbid that Premiership footballers do anything not football related whether marketing or charity.
    Ask Jermaine Defoe or Ronaldo what they do when they finish training.
    As for training until whenever, good luck getting an energetic performance on a Saturday. Players regularly run 10km a game. Might not sound a lot, but it’s not a steady jog. It’s high intensity exercise that would break many a man.
    Footballers get a raw deal in the England. They do make a stupid amount of money, which is not there fault. But clubs get a lot of the money back in various merchandise etc a lot of players do plenty of good things that is not reported as not newsworthy, but as soon as one is caught smoking, having a beer or blowing 50k on horse bets it’s all over the news and people like some on here think they are all spoilt ****s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12