+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Done Kevin Nolan

Well Done Kevin Nolan

You have finally noticed what many of us have known for a while - we have defensive weaknesses. And so now you're going to talk to AH about strengthening, which is remarkable because a week ago you were only going to consider a loan if someone "special" came along.

Actually a much better interview today but wow this bloke bothers me. He can't get away from percentage football, he is his "father's" son.

Generally his(?) player acquisition is good so let's hope the inevitable signing is a step forward. A good defender could be the making of this team and maybe KN's saviour.

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    You have finally noticed what many of us have known for a while - we have defensive weaknesses. And so now you're going to talk to AH about strengthening, which is remarkable because a week ago you were only going to consider a loan if someone "special" came along.

Actually a much better interview today but wow this bloke bothers me. He can't get away from percentage football, he is his "father's" son.

Generally his(?) player acquisition is good so let's hope the inevitable signing is a step forward. A good defender could be the making of this team and maybe KN's saviour.
    He needs a LB to replace Jones ASAP. A very average player made a mockery of Jones today and sides will continue to exploit this weakness. He simply can't defend! Let's not forget, he joined us from a relegated side.

I said it last season and I will repeat it. Nolan has no clue. The turgid s*** he turned out last season will be repeated. He has no desire nor the coaching nouse to play expansive entertaining football. We may have better players but he won't be able to get the best out of them. His persistence with Stead is embarrassing. Goodbye Mr Nolan. You have done what this club needed, demanded of players to give their best to get us out of a terrible hole. For that I truly thank you, but there is no loyalty in football and I don't want to have to pay to watch what you continue to serve up.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    I said it last season and I will repeat it. Nolan has no clue. The turgid s*** he turned out last season will be repeated.
    A top 5 finish again then. Good to see one optimist.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    He needs a LB to replace Jones ASAP. A very average player made a mockery of Jones today and sides will continue to exploit this weakness. He simply can't defend! Let's not forget, he joined us from a relegated side.
    Nearly all is signings are from relegated teams.

For all the spending, he’s neglected the most important position on the pitch, a New keeper required. Centre half as well if Hall is out, but he seems to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A top 5 finish again then. Good to see one optimist.
    How about an optimistic realist? I'm optimistic that KN can cobble something together and get a result out of this season but I'm realistic enough to doubt that he will get anywhere near the potential out of what is a decent squad.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Yeah, relegated from League One... So why is that relevant to him playing in League Two?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Yeah, relegated from League One... So why is that relevant to him playing in League Two?
    Because he was part of a Chesterfield side that couldn't win a raffle and decided not to retain him for their league 2 campaign. He was the LB in a side that shipped goals for fun. Last season he was kept out of the side for large parts by Dickinson. His fitness is questionable and he can't tackle or mark properly regardless of what league he is in.

Are you happy with his performances at left back?

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    I said it last season and I will repeat it. Nolan has no clue. The turgid s*** he turned out last season will be repeated. He has no desire nor the coaching nouse to play expansive entertaining football. We may have better players but he won't be able to get the best out of them. His persistence with Stead is embarrassing. Goodbye Mr Nolan. You have done what this club needed, demanded of players to give their best to get us out of a terrible hole. For that I truly thank you, but there is no loyalty in football and I don't want to have to pay to watch what you continue to serve up.
    Wow

Its league 2, you dont play expansive football at this level, you just need to be effective.
    Stead is playing as Dennis isnt fit. Would you prefer him to play an unfit player and risk him being injured for longer, meaning he has to pick your beloved Stead more?
    Terrible hole............is it April?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast