+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With this back 4 absolutely no chance

With this back 4 absolutely no chance

Conceding sloppy goals all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Conceding sloppy goals all over the place
    Relax, still early days, and Leeds have an excellent manager. Always was going to be a tough game for you, plus it's only HT. You might recover in the 2nd half.
    Even if you don't, the positive take would be, it's better to make these mistakes now, so it can be analysed and rectified.
    But 1 thing I've been saying all summer, is that it's time to thank Keogh for his service and slowly ease onto the bench and eventually into retirement or perhaps a step down to the lower divisions. Teams are getting better and forwards faster and more adept.
    Keogh should be the player you bring in the last quarter to shore up a leas, not one to lead the line from the start or full 90 mins.

Time to drop keogh I think

I will say this now though

Leeds wont be going up with this style they play

Far too high pressure and high tempo to be able to keep it up all season, they'll tire in the 2nd half of the season

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Time to drop keogh I think
    Yep. His passing and distribution in the first two games has been nothing short of woeful.

Wisdom also poor. Lowe ok moving with the ball but positionally poor at back.

Tomori looks useful, thankfully

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I will say this now though

Leeds wont be going up with this style they play

Far too high pressure and high tempo to be able to keep it up all season, they'll tire in the 2nd half of the season
    But that's just the thing about Bielsa, that's his signature. They don't have to do it every game you know, plus you're forgetting that they have faced 2 of the stronger sides, so had to play this way. Against weaker sides and especially at home, they can afford to relax a little. With international breaks and easier games, they just need to do it consistently a majority of the time. But hard to say and you may be right. They were so good up to the 14-15 game mark last year and then it all faded away.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Yep. His passing and distribution in the first two games has been nothing short of woeful.

Wisdom also poor. Lowe ok moving with the ball but positionally poor at back.

Tomori looks useful, thankfully
    Spot on...depressing performance but it is only early August.
    Never a great idea to play without a midfield or any full backs either.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-08-2018 at 06:59 PM.

I'd probably include Lowe in that too, could of done more to pressure Roofe and was at fault also for the goal at reading

What I will say is that an early wake up call won't do the players or Frank any harm at all.

We don't look fit enough or sharp enough and I'm not even sure our formation is right.

Leeds have despatched Stoke and Derby with consummate ease. They had the best midfielder on the pitch and the best forward, in not sure about defence they didn't have to use it!

FL should play Marriott and Waghorn at Oldham, they both need the game time.

Agreed, we also need to pass better, too often it was just a clearance to get it out of trouble and not to anyone in particular, leeds much more clinical in their passing, close ball control and closed us down better, we let them play with too much time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)