+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why have we now got Forest on 95.5 fm as well as 103.8 fm for matchday commentary!

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    I discovered this last week and had some heated exchanges with Radio Nottingham who said this was due to them losing the medium wave signal so Forest have been given both fm frequencies as that covers the whole on Nottingham and Notts digital as that also covers the whole of Nottingham. But it doesn.t. I live in Retford which is North Notts and are can't get a signal on DAB radio so after all these years, I now can't listen to any commentary. It's a disgrace
    Feel for you but to be honest you haven’t missed out on anything as of yet !

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Feel for you but to be honest you haven’t missed out on anything as of yet !
    Not sure what you mean by your comment above to this action by Radio Nottingham to remove Notts Commentary from 95.5 fm

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    As I said on another thread I only found out today when trying to tune in for the first time this season that Notts were not on 95.5 (which was our usual frequency) and instead both frequencies were designated to Forest. It’s not been like this before, and where was the warning? The BBC appear to have sneaked this one in very quietly.

A quick trip to Argos to get a DAB radio while the game was on solved the problem and now I can listen to commentary in my house and garden crystal clear.

One of my Forest fan friends joked that they are surprised we were just on DAB as most fans are elderly. He’s got a point though because we do have elderly fans that may not have DAB radios who can’t attend games and listen to it on the “wireless” as they call it.

I think it’s totally unacceptable that Notts do not continue to get commentary on one the FM frequencies and Forest get both until such time they are both switched off. The only way to express this discontent is to contact BBC Radio Nottingham which I will be doing first thing Monday morning, and would urge others who feel strongly about it to do the same.
    It won't achieve anything, they'll say Florest are a bigger club so have a bigger audience to cater for.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    You can get notts on a dab radio as far away as Skegness
    I can't pick it up near Grantham

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    It won't achieve anything, they'll say Florest are a bigger club so have a bigger audience to cater for.
    Wonder what Alan Hardy thinks about Notts being "Blown out on FM" by Radio Nottingham. Not pleased i suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Wonder what Alan Hardy thinks about Notts being "Blown out on FM" by Radio Nottingham. Not pleased i suspect.
    It does seem a bit biased to the red side to me too. I bet he's pretty dischuffed.

When they turn off FM and AM, what’s the betting that Notts will be replaced on DAB?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    https://tunein.com might help, I was in Nottingham yesterday so don't know which feed they were playing.

* being fair though. It does seem a strange decision?
    Why have the same game on two different channels?

Just wondering how the split works in other cities like Sheffield, Liverpool, Birmingham, Bristol etc? I’m assuming the bigger clubs don’t use the efl ifollow platform and offer their own “free” commentary feeds?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast