+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why have we now got Forest on 95.5 fm as well as 103.8 fm for matchday commentary!

Why have we now got Forest on 95.5 fm as well as 103.8 fm for matchday commentary!

Very disappointed with Radio Nottingham for doing this!

Been like that for a few seasons now since digital came out, we was on 95.5 then we were moved to digital. I listen in perfect clarity when I'm working over there, it's great. Only downside is that you can only recieve the signal within Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Been like that for a few seasons now since digital came out, we was on 95.5 then we were moved to digital. I listen in perfect clarity when I'm working over there, it's great. Only downside is that you can only recieve the signal within Nottingham
    I was getting Notts commentaries LAST season on 95.5 so why change this season?

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    I was getting Notts commentaries LAST season on 95.5 so why change this season?
    Because they favour Florest of course

The idea was so that both clubs could be heard everywhere. They should now switch the Freeview feed from Fword to Notts to even things up.

You can get notts on a dab radio as far away as Skegness

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    You can get notts on a dab radio as far away as Skegness
    The point is losing the 95.5 fm to forest, it's just giving them more coverage which is not on really! when all radios are not able to get dab.

I discovered this last week and had some heated exchanges with Radio Nottingham who said this was due to them losing the medium wave signal so Forest have been given both fm frequencies as that covers the whole on Nottingham and Notts digital as that also covers the whole of Nottingham. But it doesn.t. I live in Retford which is North Notts and are can't get a signal on DAB radio so after all these years, I now can't listen to any commentary. It's a disgrace

As I said on another thread I only found out today when trying to tune in for the first time this season that Notts were not on 95.5 (which was our usual frequency) and instead both frequencies were designated to Forest. It’s not been like this before, and where was the warning? The BBC appear to have sneaked this one in very quietly.

A quick trip to Argos to get a DAB radio while the game was on solved the problem and now I can listen to commentary in my house and garden crystal clear.

One of my Forest fan friends joked that they are surprised we were just on DAB as most fans are elderly. He’s got a point though because we do have elderly fans that may not have DAB radios who can’t attend games and listen to it on the “wireless” as they call it.

I think it’s totally unacceptable that Notts do not continue to get commentary on one the FM frequencies and Forest get both until such time they are both switched off. The only way to express this discontent is to contact BBC Radio Nottingham which I will be doing first thing Monday morning, and would urge others who feel strongly about it to do the same.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 11-08-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast