+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Up Next - Games 4 - 6.

Up Next - Games 4 - 6.

An excellent start I reckon, 2 draws against the stronger clubs of the division and a hard fought 1-0 win.
    1-0 wins above all else, will be key if we are to be, where we hope to be.

The next 3 fixtures until the 1st international break are:

4) Wigan (A)

Wigan have showed that they are gonna be brave in this division by attacking teams. Won 3-2 last week and lost by the same score today against Villa. I think they even led at 1 point. So we can expect them to take the game to us.
    All 3 results are possible here. Hopefully we'll get something out of this fixture. I'm gonna be optimistic and predict a win for us in another high scoring Wigan game.

5) Birmingham (H)

A game we'll be expected to win. But like Reading, they'll come and hope to frustrate us. I think everyone will be frustrated if we didn't put away a team like this. I'm going for 2-0 home win.

6) Swansea (A)

Have hit the ground running after 2 games, will probably have eked out another 2 wins before meeting us. So don't expect much here. Will be happy with a draw, but all the same, if we are unbeaten still going into this fixture, I think that record will probably end here. Prediction: loss.

So hopefully 6 points from the next 3. 4 isn't bad either. Actually anything 4 and above will be great. 2 or 3 tolerable. 1 and below, and that's not so good, but still early days. And get 2 weeks off to sort them out.

Meanwhile, a League Cup fixture against Bury on Tuesday, and a chance for other signings to make a claim. Reserves or no, we'll be expected to win. And should.

We play Brentford before Swansea I believe, Brentford away will be a tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    We play Brentford before Swansea I believe, Brentford away will be a tough one.
    Yep you're right, got mixed up. Hard one to call just yet. Let's see what happens in the 2 games prior.

Yesterday's draw with Bury albeit with all reserves, kinds of brings us back to earth.
    In the circumstances, maybe expecting a win at Wigan might no longer be possible. Should be happy with a point, 3 will be a bonus.
    We cannot concede first, I'm sure they'll have a plan in place, to hold on to a lead after last week.

Have to be satisfied with the point after nearly losing all 3. Still, we'll be expected to beat Brum who've shown they know to set up shop. Another 1-0, will do me fine.

7 points from 5. Can we get something at Griffin Park? Time for a famous Es*** prediction....