+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chants at the football

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    For the first time I can remember I got hacked off by the dacks singing the Durrant song. It must have been sung about 20 times in the first half. Why? We're playing Dundee. Where's the relevance? Motivate the players? Annoy the opposition? We moan when the weegie press bring up the simmie/durrant thing (yes - I was there) and yet WE continue to sing this crap at games where it is totally irrelevant. Most of the kiddies singing today were't born when the game was played. They looked like a bunch of prats on their first day out and trying to behave like the big boys

A few of them got turfed out at half time. One in particular was mouthing a lot - until he was outside and suddenly he was all "Yes officer, sorry officer". As a result the second half passed off with a bit less tension. Let's face it - they were doing because they knew they were getting a reaction from other Aberdeen fans who were pissed off with them.

At the end of the game somebody eventually cracked and gave the tall skinny Richard a slap. I hope it hurt.

We don't need this. We don't need them. They are not interested in Aberdeen FC.
    They were pissed up young loons on a day out supporting Aberdeen. Down with that sort of thing.

They were pissed up young loons on a day out trying to cause trouble with their own support. If you didn't join in with them you were against them.

For the first time I can remember I got hacked off by the dacks singing the Durrant song. It must have been sung about 20 times in the first half. Why? We're playing Dundee. Where's the relevance? Motivate the players? Annoy the opposition? We moan when the weegie press bring up the simmie/durrant thing (yes - I was there) and yet WE continue to sing this crap at games where it is totally irrelevant. Most of the kiddies singing today were't born when the game was played. They looked like a bunch of prats on their first day out and trying to behave like the big boys

A few of them got turfed out at half time. One in particular was mouthing a lot - until he was outside and suddenly he was all "Yes officer, sorry officer". As a result the second half passed off with a bit less tension. Let's face it - they were doing because they knew they were getting a reaction from other Aberdeen fans who were pissed off with them.

At the end of the game somebody eventually cracked and gave the tall skinny Richard a slap. I hope it hurt.

Well I'm nae an anthropologist but perhaps it's a tribal response to Dundee's version of "Hello, Hello". Our very small travelling support when I was a rugby player was usually so pissed it was impossible to make out what they were singing from the pitch so I can't believe the specific song makes a difference to inspiration for the players.

I do hate the attempt to make football sectarianism different to general laws. What can be more sectarian than supporting a particular football team: it is a sect. And thank f uck we have that as a virtual identity for those supporting the currently successful Glasgow team and its defunct rival. It has probably prevented deaths on a Northern Ireland scale though I take nothing away from the tragedies of those who have died, two of whom I have known personally. The law as it stands is perfectly capable of prosecuting the guilty if the local police don't **** themselves at the prospect of arresting weegies.

On the more general point of what to sing, I don't understand. Are we all neo-Nazis? The Northern Lights, it's a smoothly moving waltz: we sing it like something from the Nuremberg rallies. I so loved going to matches during my time in Italy where singing "Whores" at AS Roma was an operatic tribute (almost)."

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    20mins after the final whistle in Madrid and after the song book started to dry up, everyone (in the cheap seats) starting signing the Richard Gough song. A very sweet moment.
    Our songbook would end long before twenty minutes after the end...Let's be honest, we don't have many songs in our back catalogue...I was always saddened by the demise of Here We Go although I think there was a brief reprise of it during the Copenhagen match in 2007

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    Well I'm nae an anthropologist but perhaps it's a tribal response to Dundee's version of "Hello, Hello". Our very small travelling support when I was a rugby player was usually so pissed it was impossible to make out what they were singing from the pitch so I can't believe the specific song makes a difference to inspiration for the players.

I do hate the attempt to make football sectarianism different to general laws. What can be more sectarian than supporting a particular football team: it is a sect. And thank f uck we have that as a virtual identity for those supporting the currently successful Glasgow team and its defunct rival. It has probably prevented deaths on a Northern Ireland scale though I take nothing away from the tragedies of those who have died, two of whom I have known personally. The law as it stands is perfectly capable of prosecuting the guilty if the local police don't **** themselves at the prospect of arresting weegies.

On the more general point of what to sing, I don't understand. Are we all neo-Nazis? The Northern Lights, it's a smoothly moving waltz: we sing it like something from the Nuremberg rallies. I so loved going to matches during my time in Italy where singing "Whores" at AS Roma was an operatic tribute (almost)."
    Likey.

Get a grip min,what do you want on an away day? Songs of praise? Good on the young eens,the more young dons we get attending games the better in my opinion,they are the future of our club,as has been mentioned before in the 'old beach end' thread we have supporters who stick up for our team and city and i cant see whats wrong with that?

were you at the game? they were and are muppets. wee boys out to cause trouble and not bothered who they cause it with. the durrant song should be binned. i think simpson must be horrified each time he hears it. he was a great player for us and yet his obituary in the press will begin with "Neil Simpson, perhaps best known for a tackle in 1988 that threatened the career of Rangers' Ian Durrant...".

were you at the game? they were and are muppets. wee boys out to cause trouble and not bothered who they cause it with. the durrant song should be binned. i think simpson must be horrified each time he hears it. he was a great player for us and yet his obituary in the press will begin with "Neil Simpson, perhaps best known for a tackle in 1988 that threatened the career of Rangers' Ian Durrant...".
    I know for a fact Simmy hates it & cringes when he hears it.
    I think it’s ok at a hun game - if it annoys the scum then fine.
    I’ll caveat that by saying I don’t agree with anyone singing about the Ibrox disaster, although that doesn’t get sung does it?

I don’t understand the village idiot, mongs in our support singing about Durrant at Dens Park though.

As I’ve said before, there’s a good few (mainly young) numpties who shouldn’t be drinking as it turns them in to folk that are a*******s & they talk utter sh1te.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Get a grip min,what do you want on an away day? Songs of praise? Good on the young eens,the more young dons we get attending games the better in my opinion,they are the future of our club,as has been mentioned before in the 'old beach end' thread we have supporters who stick up for our team and city and i cant see whats wrong with that?
    Well if those halfwits at Dens yesterday are the future of the club then we're in big trouble. I think those tw@ts will go for a season or two and pack it in.

And has for the boy that was singing "Dundee has Ebola" on a loop for about an hour, he was the definition of a Muppet...

It's been like that since I started going to away games many years ago. The Aberdeen end has always contained a minority of some of the biggest tw@ts I've met in life...but that's football, it draws people from all walks of life and makes you spend 90 minutes standing/sitting next to someone that you would normally avoid. A shared passion for the Dons is the only common link.

They were pissed up young loons on a day out trying to cause trouble with their own support. If you didn't join in with them you were against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I don’t understand the village idiot, mongs in our support singing about Durrant at Dens Park though.

As I’ve said before, there’s a good few (mainly young) numpties who shouldn’t be drinking as it turns them in to folk that are a*******s & they talk utter sh1te.
    Take a step back and look at what you're complaining about.

Boys will be boys and it's their turn to act the cvnt at games. Boring old bastrds who think they're above the behaviour have always moaned about what the youngsters are doing. Take them away from Dens yesterday and what would have been left?

The stuff I did at games when I was their age less than 10 years ago, some of which there is photo evidence, was outrageous and I wouldn't do it now but it was great fun and a noise up at the time. We had boring old bstards telling us to sit down shut up fvck off and it put most of my group of mates off and hardly any of us ever go now. Same happened to loads of folk my age, and I'm reading the same disillusionment from younger lads on twitter. And thus we've been left with a support as fearsome and as vocal as Inverness, contrary to the myth that we have a great away support.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast