+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chants at the football

Chants at the football

I don't do twitter so have no idea where this fake outrage at the Durrant song has come from. Being a section S season ticket holder I know it is quite hard not to let certain teams get under your skin (especially when we are losing) and when there is coins, seats etc getting thrown over the fence it is quite easy to let the hatred slip in and maybe join in with some of the more controversial songs.

I don't really see the big deal. Whether it is about a career-ending injury or a battle that took place hundreds of years ago where people were up to their knees in fenian blood it is only words and sung to try and get a reaction. Every club does it.

The offensive behaviour at football act or what ever it is called will surely be scrapped soon, quite rightly. Complete waste of time and money prosecuting people for singing songs at football matches that may or may not hurt some peoples feelings.

On a slight tangent, the club has finally got it's way and ground the lads who tried to organise the singing section down to nothing. They knew fine well that it would never take off in that sh*tty little bit in the Merkland. We do need some organisation for our chants though and as S section was always the un-official singing section I hope it takes off again there. There is far too many touristy types and day-trippers in there these days.

Totally agree with what your saying, but it would be great to hear the majority of the fans singing and supporting the team instead of just having a small singing section.

20mins after the final whistle in Madrid and after the song book started to dry up, everyone (in the cheap seats) starting signing the Richard Gough song. A very sweet moment.

Ach i dont partake in the likes of the Ibrox disaster song or simmy ditty etc. but i wouldnt fight with anyone who did. Thats just f@cking moronic.

I dont get why they are sang at say a Dundee game for example though

The Goodwillie chant was embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Ach i dont partake in the likes of the Ibrox disaster song or simmy ditty etc. but i wouldnt fight with anyone who did. Thats just f@cking moronic.

I dont get why they are sang at say a Dundee game for example though

Because they're Aberdeen songs, not just anti rangers.

There's a certain time and a place for all songs not just the controversial ones. I remember folk started singing 'Burnleys a **** hole, I want to go home' 5 minutes in to the away tie. It just doesn't make any sense.

You don't really hear the Ibrox disaster one that often. Forgot all about the Goodwillie one, that one was totally cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Because they're Aberdeen songs, not just anti rangers.
    Fair enough

We need some new signature chants to grow until the whole stadia is at it, some banging northern soul tunes with clapping n stuff

HDI

For the first time I can remember I got hacked off by the dacks singing the Durrant song. It must have been sung about 20 times in the first half. Why? We're playing Dundee. Where's the relevance? Motivate the players? Annoy the opposition? We moan when the weegie press bring up the simmie/durrant thing (yes - I was there) and yet WE continue to sing this crap at games where it is totally irrelevant. Most of the kiddies singing today were't born when the game was played. They looked like a bunch of prats on their first day out and trying to behave like the big boys

A few of them got turfed out at half time. One in particular was mouthing a lot - until he was outside and suddenly he was all "Yes officer, sorry officer". As a result the second half passed off with a bit less tension. Let's face it - they were doing because they knew they were getting a reaction from other Aberdeen fans who were pissed off with them.

At the end of the game somebody eventually cracked and gave the tall skinny Richard a slap. I hope it hurt.

We don't need this. We don't need them. They are not interested in Aberdeen FC.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast