+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chants at the football

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    So there's definitely a line that can be crossed, it's just a question of where to draw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Death or horrible illness is that line. (Although, I do remember singing about Bobby Sands back in the day).
    Absolutely.
    The Ibrox disaster song is over the line, despite my hatred for their club.
    Nobody should not return home after watching a game of football.

I do recall singing the Bobby Sands song and would unlikely do so nowadays, but that said, it was the mans choice to refuse food.
    So the line could be arguable in that case

Death or horrible illness is that line. (Although, I do remember singing about Bobby Sands back in the day).
    The chicken supper one is a bit of a classic. It's one of those ones where you will see the police guy with the video camera appear about 20 seconds after you start singing it.

I do remember singing about Bobby Sands back in the day.
    This was being sung by a group of Dons fans in a pub in Manchester city centre the night before the Burnley game.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The chicken supper one is a bit of a classic. It's one of those ones where you will see the police guy with the video camera appear about 20 seconds after you start singing it.
    That’s just intimidation, they can’t do anything to you for singing that song.

I was once warned for signing The Flower Of Scotland to stop singing sectarianism songs.
    I laughed at the so called copper and started to call him a traffic warden. When his superior came over and I explained his coppers did not know what a sectarian song was, he was swapped out for another policeman.
    The police don’t like being referred to as Traffic Wardens, but what can they do

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Hemmin

Nothing wrong with a werthers

I don’t take you as the type to get upset at anyone signing “who’s that lying at Pittodrie “ song.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    That’s just intimidation, they can’t do anything to you for singing that song.

I was once warned for signing The Flower Of Scotland to stop singing sectarianism songs.
    I laughed at the so called copper and started to call him a traffic warden. When his superior came over and I explained his coppers did not know what a sectarian song was, he was swapped out for another policeman.
    The police don’t like being referred to as Traffic Wardens, but what can they do

That's crossing a line.

Surely nobody deserves to be accused of being a traffic warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The game was played about 3 days after his dad died. You can join the dots
    Fair enough.
    The same goes for Johnny Doyle. There was 20k Huns singing days after his accident at parkhead it's my attic and I'll fry if i want to. AFC fans singing he's by far the worst electrician............
    It's distasteful, but it's meant to rile the opposition fans, nothing more. Sing what you like but leave the daft words in the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Fair enough.
    The same goes for Johnny Doyle. There was 20k Huns singing days after his accident at parkhead it's my attic and I'll fry if i want to. AFC fans singing he's by far the worst electrician............
    It's distasteful, but it's meant to rile the opposition fans, nothing more. Sing what you like but leave the daft words in the stadium.
    Off topic but Johnny Doyle is another example of the Viewpark/uddingston conveyor belt.

I'd rather we spent the DNA money in that area.

Richard Gough...

That was another one that used to get belted out.
    Last edited by redscot; 12-08-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Fair enough.
    I agree, but then I guess the point being mad earlier is that the Simmie / Durrant song had no value in the Dundee game.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast