+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enda Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    I saw him score a goal once. True story.
    Now if you had posted that on the new site I could have given you a like for that

Failure to land a 5 yard pass had nothing to do with the role he was asked to play. I know what his role was, unfortunately he broke up more of our attacks than he did opposition attacks

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Now if you had posted that on the new site I could have given you a like for that
    Have ya noticed the so called Clappers haven't gone overboard abart us winnin,?perhaps the so called slashers shud tek note the next time we lose. I hope our fans dunt spend all next Satdi givin Rhodes hammer(I bet some will tho) cos it may just come back and bites us,Pignore him, it's what i'll be doin.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by haich1889 View Post
    I & many others, in fact the overwhelming majority of people I know thought Monty was rubbish. Unfortunately apparently we all were wrong as we obviously didn't understand the role he was asked to play. We are obviously all thick & know little about football.
    Give yourself a break mate, you and the others are not as bad as that.

Without wishing to turn this into a Monty thread. 350 games for us is not the career of someone who is rubbish. Limited in many ways, but rubbish, never..!

Their already in aparenylt pal. One Monday an one later on in the week.

It's all about opinions I suppose AB but I thought Stevens had a shocker yesterday.
    I actually felt he bore the brunt of some unfair criticism last season and I certainly wasn't looking out for him to fail yesterday but I thought his positioning, control and passing were all poor overall - I lost count of the number of times Utd's possession/attacks broke down due to him.
    I'm really not saying he's a poor player but he looks low on confidence to me and didn't seem to be wanting the ball yesterday.
    That said I still rate him above Lafferty (who IMHO is a L1 player at best) although by the sounds of it they may both be displaced in the squad by a new arrival.

Stevens flatters to deceive. So often he looks to be doing everything right but then the move breaks down due to a sloppy pass from him or getting caught in possession both when attacking and defending. He’s never rediscovered his early form when quite frankly I thought we’ve bought a worldbeater, he was outstanding, which makes me think it’s a confidence thing, plus the fact he’s only had Lafffery to push him.

spot on there gray lafferty hasnt pushed him hard enough and like leon has had no competition for his place hence why i think marvin johnson will be coming in could be another very interesting signing

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    spot on there gray lafferty hasnt pushed him hard enough and like leon has had no competition for his place hence why i think marvin johnson will be coming in could be another very interesting signing
    Have you any info other than readin forums abart Johnson comin to BDBL owd lad? Not havin a dig by te way.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 12-08-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast