+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enda Stevens

Enda Stevens

Can somebody tell me what the problem is? I watched him today - had a solid game..............both at the back and going forward. Made a few mistakes, but they all did.

Guys next to me were desperate to criticise him - it felt like they were looking for reasons. My friend, who is a neutral, couldn't understand it.

Get off his back Blades.
    UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Can somebody tell me what the problem is? I watched him today - had a solid game..............both at the back and going forward. Made a few mistakes, but they all did.

Guys next to me were desperate to criticise him - it felt like they were looking for reasons. My friend, who is a neutral, couldn't understand it.

Get off his back Blades.
    UTB
    its the monty syndrome no matter how good they play they,ll always find fault. to be honest clarke is more of a concern at the moment. and henderson were brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    its the monty syndrome no matter how good they play they,ll always find fault. to be honest clarke is more of a concern at the moment. and henderson were brilliant
    Have ya been Twirls? Are you as confident as Tufty abart the incomins? UTCB

Monty syndrome was the opposite - that was where it somehow became fashionable to rave about him despite the fact he was dog****e for a decade

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBlades View Post
    Monty syndrome was the opposite - that was where it somehow became fashionable to rave about him despite the fact he was dog****e for a decade
    Monty was the only player I've ever seen who could AT THE SAME TIME, be the best and worst player on the pitch. If you think he was rubbish, it because you didn't understand the role he was asked to play.

As for Stevens, I don't think he's anything as bad as made out, neither is Lundy. They are among the less able players in the team, but there will always be stars and scapegoats. In the end, they pull on that shirt, and give their best for 90 minutes, and so we should give them our support.

Sorry gents but he was awful today. He gave his wife man far too much space and got skinned time and time again.
    Going forward he offered nothing, his first touch was shocking and his balls into the box were aimless.
    I like Stevens and I think there’s a player in there somewhere but today he was utter gash

I & many others, in fact the overwhelming majority of people I know thought Monty was rubbish. Unfortunately apparently we all were wrong as we obviously didn't understand the role he was asked to play. We are obviously all thick & know little about football.

Quote Originally Posted by haich1889 View Post
    We are obviously all thick & know little about football.
    I don't claim an special knowledge Haich, or indeed any knowledge, but Monty was played to cover more ground than anyone else, and break up play, usually the oppositions, (...but often ours as well.). It was the Trevor Hockey role of get the ball, give it to someone who can play. You can think what you like of Monty, but the fact he was played every week for 10 years by several managers, and the same when he went to Oz, should tell you that there was more to him than being rubbish.

I saw him score a goal once. True story.

Monty was great at breaking up opposition play he loved it in fact he loved doin it that much he was like a dog fetching a ball he would give the ball straight back to the opposition so he could go and get it off em again

Here's a question then would monty get into this team ? I think he would walk in and play every week and we would look much more solid and concede less goals it's just my opinion I can't say for definate we wouldn't. I wasn't a monty lover btw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast