+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What the Bradford fans said

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I wouldn't go that far to be fair Animal . We've not chucked money abart forra start. We've cut our cloth accordingly yet kept hold of the core of our squad. The loss in tv revenue has to be covered because as SB has pointed art many times, the consortium will not spend their own money to cover the shortfall.

Perhaps fans of other lg1 clubs could be under a misapprehension about us because of the combined wealth of our owners. However, we've been prudent. We've not come down to this league and made noises off the pitch. The pre season was very quiet. Based on what happened last season in this division It suggests to me that there's a significant gulf between lg1 and the championship these days.
    there is a gap i wouldn't say its a massive gap we just havn't played any really good teams in this league yet peterborough look very good as do portsmouth and donny even looks good acording to my work m8. sunderland could come good with the prem money they have give it till december then we may have an idea.

If tha can't beat "the likes of Oxford and Bradford" then thuz no hope forruz.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I wouldn't go that far to be fair Animal . We've not chucked money abart forra start. We've cut our cloth accordingly yet kept hold of the core of our squad. The loss in tv revenue has to be covered because as SB has pointed art many times, the consortium will not spend their own money to cover the shortfall.

Perhaps fans of other lg1 clubs could be under a misapprehension about us because of the combined wealth of our owners. However, we've been prudent. We've not come down to this league and made noises off the pitch. The pre season was very quiet. Based on what happened last season in this division It suggests to me that there's a significant gulf between lg1 and the championship these days.
    I'm not trying to play the billy big b@llaxs card Pass but if you look at the collective spend of this squad in league one terms it's significantly higher than the vast majority of our rivals .

No sugar daddy just money the club generated through previous sales .

There can't be too many clubs at this level who can buy a kid from Bury for £500k and loan him back .

In the championship the spend is insignificant but at this level it's pretty big .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm not trying to play the billy big b@llaxs card Pass but if you look at the collective spend of this squad in league one terms it's significantly higher than the vast majority of our rivals .

No sugar daddy just money the club generated through previous sales .

There can't be too many clubs at this level who can buy a kid from Bury for £500k and loan him back .

In the championship the spend is insignificant but at this level it's pretty big .
    A know tha not like that Billy big ballax crap mate and the points you raise are fair comment.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    .. Barnsley singing up the football league we go biggest yo-yo club in football you set of inbread ****ers.

Theres always one complete cretin though isn't there who has to post something like this. I agree its been good to read the decent comments from opposition fans, after these first few games. Lets hope that carries on eh and that we keep on impressing them by outplaying them.
    Last edited by Acido; 12-08-2018 at 03:53 PM.

I can remember when we were buying some of these players, that people were complaining that we were doing the cheap option and buying from the lower leagues. Now, after some only having one season in the championship and getting us relegated, they're being called championship players and too good for this league. Surely it's more how they've been developed since coming to us that's made them stand out. If we can do it, so can others. This suggests the gulf between divisions isn't as big as they say Just the way that players are being developed is different.

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    I can remember when we were buying some of these players, that people were complaining that we were doing the cheap option and buying from the lower leagues. Now, after some only having one season in the championship and getting us relegated, they're being called championship players and too good for this league. Surely it's more how they've been developed since coming to us that's made them stand out. If we can do it, so can others. This suggests the gulf between divisions isn't as big as they say Just the way that players are being developed is different.
    We owe a great debt of gratitude to the inspirational coach Hecky for moulding them into the players they now are.

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    Seems obvious to me. Players a year older, have had experience in The Championship. Have had a whole season to gel together (last year probably in a similar position to Bradford now). Could possibly have held their own in Championship this year.
    Having said that still only two games in but cautiously optimistic. C'mon the REDS. Just like watching Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We owe a great debt of gratitude to the inspirational coach Hecky for moulding them into the players they now are.
    He told them they were all sh1te SBRed and fcuked half off them off on loan or benched em' mate. Are we on about the same Hecky?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    He told them they were all sh1te SBRed and fcuked half off them off on loan or benched em' mate. Are we on about the same Hecky?

A knew tha wunt let me gerraway wi sneaking that wun in.

A still think widda stopped up if an average manager edda cum in instead of Goat headhunting that bag of sh1te Morais.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast