+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What the Bradford fans said

What the Bradford fans said

Barnsley at home can’t beat that for a opener good to be back

Good luck to anyone trying to contain this Barnsley frontline this season

This barnsley team are good, can't see them finishing outside the top 2

Scary stuff at VP at the moment as Barnsley apply loads of pressure and the Bradford defence are not coping well. Lucky to be just one down.

How good are Barnsley!? Call me naive but

Barnsley- Fitter, quicker and better!

Not sure if we’re playing Barnsley or Brazil

Bradford looking every inch a brand new team put together quickly but have improved since first 20. Barnsley look every inch a championship side.

Nothing going for City today. Scannell and Payne not getting any time on the ball. Barnsley looking a class above at the minute

Barnsley fans will be in dreamland if they get to watch this quality of football every week, miles above anyone I've seen in league 1 for years

Not bad so far city look like they need time to gel. Barnsley look a good unit which was expected. Still fancy us to get something out of this game though

They've kept their who squad together from last year, how many new players have we got, give them time, Barnsley will probably be top 3 easy

Everyone seems to be expecting miracles. Barnsley will go back up... they have the quality and the money. We need time to find the right balance

Barnsley are a cut above us

Barnsley singing up the football league we go biggest yo-yo club in football you set of inbread ****ers

Barnsley will be the team to beat this year for sure

How on earth are League 1 clubs supposed to get anywhere near the likes of Barnsley & Sunderland?

This lot are a class above.
    Doesn't help when you defend like you've played Football for the first time.

Anyone want to tell the Barnsley fans it's only the second game

For a team with a lot of big lads, this Barnsley side do play some good football. Unfortunately

Barnsley are the best team I’ve seen at VP this season

We are a million miles away from Barnsley and anyone says anything different after today’s match doesn’t understand football.

That Barnsley side today were all championship players and it showed. Only relegated on last day of season. They will finish top 2

Thought City looked okay today for a group of players who have mainly been signed in the last month. Some good movement.
    Defence needs to get used to playing together and midfield need to pick better passes.
    Barnsley will go up. At least we only play them twice. 🤞🏻

Barnsley were ****ing good today. Bought decent players that’s what you get

Always found Barnsley fan to be a decent crowd. Apart from the 70's when we fought hammer and tonge! haha

You'd think they'd give us a bit of credit wouldn't you ?

:-) :-) :-)

Nice to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Nice to hear
    Different ball game with fans of league one clubs , proper fans instead of the c@ck wombles up their own @ss a level higher .

I know it's only 2 games but it just shows difference in lg 1 opinions and championship still living in Dreamland fans opinions of us

I'll tell you what the reaction of opposition fans from these two games have spoken volumes haven't they ? No more of that billy big b@lls teams like Barnsley b@llocks from Championship clubs living off past glories.
    Leeds were good in the 70's - apparently.

Two games in and it looks like Herr Daniel may have been a find after all.

I wonder why Hecky couldn't get them playing like this

Always respected Bradford fans. Honest opinions as always

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    I'll tell you what the reaction of opposition fans from these two games have spoken volumes haven't they ? No more of that billy big b@lls teams like Barnsley b@llocks from Championship clubs living off past glories.
    Leeds were good in the 70's - apparently.

Two games in and it looks like Herr Daniel may have been a find after all.

I wonder why Hecky couldn't get them playing like this

Might have had something to do with the fact 90% of the championship club's having significantly better players than us and now it's role reversal .

We are Wolves , Villa and Derby at this level and the rest of this league are wondering how the feck in hell they can hope to compete with the relegated championship clubs .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 11-08-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Might have had something to do with the fact 90% of the championship club's having significantly better players than us and now it's role reversal .

We are Wolves , Villa and Derby at this level and the rest of this league are wondering how the feck in hell they can hope to compete with the relegated championship clubs .
    I don’t want to be Derby tonight...... Please not Derby

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I wouldn't go that far to be fair Animal . We've not chucked money abart forra start. We've cut our cloth accordingly yet kept hold of the core of our squad. The loss in tv revenue has to be covered because as SB has pointed art many times, the consortium will not spend their own money to cover the shortfall.

Perhaps fans of other lg1 clubs could be under a misapprehension about us because of the combined wealth of our owners. However, we've been prudent. We've not come down to this league and made noises off the pitch. The pre season was very quiet. Based on what happened last season in this division It suggests to me that there's a significant gulf between lg1 and the championship these days.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast