+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The protest

The protest

Bit dissapointing the protest only managed 12 but not surprising. The last one myself and the few others that attended got rediculed so why bother.

A lot of apathy from supporters and those real protesters are those that no longer go. I didn’t bother today and from a crowd of 4000 to only have 12 makes you think why bother and Maybe the majority are in favour of the owners.

Some supporters have the club they deserve a secretive old boys club. There’s enough people on the other board that talk the talk but are either keyboard warriors or fakes. It’s a sad time for our club.

Personally, I don't understand the objective of the protest or what those protesting actually plan to achieve?

The Owners have appointed a credible new manager (who appears to be doing at least as well as the old one - I'd say better). They've backed him to bring in his own coaching team and given him resources enough to bring eight new players into the club (so far).

We look to be operating within budget and EWM are getting more involved at executive level. So we're hardly a club in crisis as Laffy and the negative nancies on the Trust forum (with their own agenda) would have you believe.

It's true, the owners and Clibbens are a PR disaster and couldn't market their way out of a wet paper bag. But, I reckon only 12 folk turned up because the other 4,000 can see things aren't all that bad. Yes, I'd love to see a dynamic ambitious new owner throwing money around for a while - but I'm not going keep on whinging on about the bumbling old fools running the show when I don't think they're doing that bad a job currently...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)