+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carlisle United(away)predictions league cup

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    TM gone for a pretty strong 11.. Wants the first win of the season out the way I suspect.
    A win in the Champ is much more needed. But let's be patient. We have little groups of games. If we get to Brentford and haven't lost but have won 1, then that's a solid start 1 away game and 2 at home. If we got 5 points from that, and didn't lose I'd be happy.
    This tonight is a clever way of gaining confidence. Getting Armo his first goal for us is a good thing!!

4-1 Rovers before half time..

Obviously my prediction never anticipated a strong line up and positive approach to the tie.

Pleasant surprise.

1-5 - Good night, nice strong side, get the old confidence going. I like that Palmer Armstrong are off the mark, Bradley will kick on now, now into Hull on Sat with belief ...

Great result by us
    Risky team selection but I think the correct one
    Confidence is everything in football.
    Also well done champs and aucks with the correct result.
    1.aucks 6 points
    2.champs 3 points
    3.robinrover 3 points

18 shots on goal for Carlisle however would suggest to me Smallwood and Evans will remain our defensive shield in league games for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    18 shots on goal for Carlisle however would suggest to me Smallwood and Evans will remain our defensive shield in league games for now.
    It doesn't sound as if TM was very impressed with that either, Saxo.
    I wish I'd watched it now. It sounds like a cracking game. 17 shots on target and four more that hit the woodwork. How often do you get that!
    A risk - as Robin said - but it must have been great for the attacking players' confidence.

Evans yes but I would be inclined to drop Smallwood for Rothwell.
    His form off the bench on Saturday and starting yesterday deserves a start against hull.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I'm struggling to scroll through the memory banks to find a worse footballer I've seen with my own 2 eyes. Plus his injury record is truly woeful. I dislike singling outvplayers, but he is shocking. And I've seem my fair share over the years.
    I honestly don't think he can be that bad, Champs. He was very popular and successful at Swindon, and when he moved to QPR, a couple of PL clubs were also interested.
    The injuries are another matter, of course, but I will be interested to see what happens. From his point of view, he might do well to move, because we all know that, although it just doesn't happen for a player at a particular club, following a transfer, luck and form swing the other way again.
    This might be true for Whittingham too.

Whitringham was very stop start last season, with injuries. Due to him not impressing when he did play, he failed to force himself into the side when he was back. He's ageing aswell. I liked him, thought he was a good player.
    I can only comment on what is in front of me 're Gladwin. I hope he proves me wrong. He'd have to get himself fit for a start. Something he's failed to do since arriving. I just think it's a waste of a wage. I've seen nothing from him that would change that.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Evans yes but I would be inclined to drop Smallwood for Rothwell.
    His form off the bench on Saturday and starting yesterday deserves a start against hull.
    I think the same. Let's see if things improve without Smallwood. Travis is better in that position imo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)