+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In defence of Big Dave

In defence of Big Dave

Got a rotten to the core team, to beat Spurs and Newcastle, draw with Liverpool.In 6 Premier games only lost the at Palace.
    Out of 9 games in charge lost 2 games.
    He knows what we need, give the bloke some slack and get behind the Baggies.

He's got the slack Soulman but no manager is safe. Its a big adjustment to life in the championship, I reckon any of the teams going down from the prem would have a culture shock. Our big problem is that Dave seems to have lost the defence we had somewhere. He needs to fix it last week. ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    He's got the slack Soulman but no manager is safe. Its a big adjustment to life in the championship, I reckon any of the teams going down from the prem would have a culture shock. Our big problem is that Dave seems to have lost the defence we had somewhere. He needs to fix it last week. ASAP.

Seems Boro have a really tight defense and playing good attacking football by all accounts. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Seems Boro have a really tight defense and playing good attacking football by all accounts. Why?
    Good manager. He will be gone though when no one remembers what good he did. When the results start going wrong....as they all do.

I think those who go to games are giving him a chance the rest, well they need something to do during the day so coming on here and having a go at all things Albion helps the hours pass.

Bd hasn't had his best defender, if that ungrateful cretin comes back plays and Marshalls the defence like we know he can then it should solidify things.

Normally, you need to average 2 points a game for automatic promotion and around 1.5 to get in the play offs.

If jrod maintains his form and gayle starts banging them we have a good chance.

Yes, forest outplayed us for large parts of the game, but even then we had the best chances to win it.

Bolton were always going to put 11 behind the ball and even then if Hegazi's had not hit the bar we could have got a draw which would have made our average start to the season into a good start.

Bd wasn't my first choice as I wanted someone with at least 2 promotions.

But, our problems don't stem from him. They come from years of under investment on up and coming players.

Instead of going for the likes of Lewis Cook we resigned mozza 2 years ago. I remember then writing a thread on show Jim Morrison the doors and I got lambasted.

This summer his contract ran out again and miraculously he was just fit in time to sign another one.

There were loads on here in favour of this move, despite seeing that no one else came in for him all summer.

Posters cry out for younger, hungrier players then endorse giving mozza another contract.

Imo both brunt and mozza should have gone along time ago, the reason they are constantly retained is because it is deemed to cheapest option to keep them.

No other team kept hold of the same payers after having them when going up 8 years ago and then coming back down, except shawcross at sjoke.

Why we didn't go for these younger players like maguire, Cooke, Robertson and Antonio was because the c??? Peace was accumating the profits to take his last hurrah £28m final dividend.

Does anybody in the local press write about that?

No, Because the c??? Peace hired both Albion correspondents from the express and Dingle and Birmingham mail, thereby he controlled what was written as these 2 would feed only positive stuff about peace to their mates in the press, like he would only sell to someone who has the club's best interests at heart.

You, yourself Soulman put an interesting YouTube video on here a few weeks ago about Newcastle United and the Ashley regime there, it's just tragic nobody does something similar about the c??? Peace.

It's easy to blame the "China man", but if you want to realise what really happened to our club during the Premier league wonder years look at companies House at the publicly available wba fc accounts.

I wrote on hear years ago that we should not be declaring big profits as the tax man was taking about 22% out the club in corporation tax every year, when that profit and tax could go on infrastructure and players.

The reason he was declaring those profits and not spending it where it was needed on the pitch and on the Halford lane stand was so he could declare those profits year after year and then show those profitable accounts to lai who foolishly took them on face value and paid £180m for us.

When buying any business you only get an idea of its profitability by looking at its past performance which is gleened from it previously filed accounts.

When I wrote on here of what the c??? Peace had done with that last £28m dividend i was told to prove as it was libellous, then nothing more was said.

When the fans just hanker after big money signings and don't give a fooook about why we cannot afford them leads to where we are today.

Historically, us wba fans have been a placid lot, not going on the pitch and kicking our own hoardings after being confined to thurd tear football and forcing owners out like the dings with Morgan.

We just accept our lot and don't ask questions.

But, the fact are we haven't got any money, the c??? Peace and his sister took it all.

Christ my blood brother, have you got a touch of verbal diarrhoea or is it just raining outside?

Raining and a deep hatred for the c??? Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Raining and a deep hatred for the c??? Peace.

After shafting the club for 180 million - Peace must be sitting in his luxury Jersey pad thinking - thank feck, I am not there anymore and there was a stupid little guy who fell for it!

I bet Peace does not even glance at the results and just laughs when Jenkins tells him through phone calls about the decline of the club!

Would not even surprise me if Peace is still not on the pay role. Expert consultant

After taking £208m (£180m from the sale and £28m from the dividend ) he was still greedy enough to get another million for his consultant role.

And this from a man who was "one of our own" born in west bromwich and stating he was a life long fan when he usurped Paul Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    After taking £208m (£180m from the sale and £28m from the dividend ) he was still greedy enough to get another million for his consultant role.

And this from a man who was "one of our own" born in west bromwich and stating he was a life long fan when he usurped Paul Thompson.

Bet the little man won't get anywhere near this figure back if he sold up! I thought the Chinese were smart but then again in his defense, he knows feck all about football, and the figures on the accounts would have been polished for the sale!

So much greed in football that many are starting to stamp their feet and turn off!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)