+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In defence of Big Dave

(Sorry to put this interesting topic aside for a minute) but......

BaggieBlood, you've got an echo (and I've noticed it before). Whatever you post, BaggieAl "couldn't agree with you more".

What exactly did Peace build? He took over we were a Premier League team. He left we were a Premier League team.
    What exactly did he invest? I remember he sold Earnshaw and Horsefield in the January window leaving us with just Campbell up front. Which result in relegation.
    His appointment of Irvine was beyond belief.
    The treatment of the Astle family was a disgrace.
    At what point was Peace the messiah? Because I must of missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post

(Sorry to put this interesting topic aside for a minute) but......

BaggieBlood, you've got an echo (and I've noticed it before). Whatever you post, BaggieAl "couldn't agree with you more".

Hope this is a joke talkSAFT as there are things which myself and Blood disagree with but not on this subject. Accounts are dear to my heart so do agree with him on this subject but hey people are entitled to different views. The dividend was confirmed by one poster of 27 million. Who was the shareholder/s and here lies the answer to where the funds went/were distributed. To walk away with a whacking dividend such as this an exit strategy would have been in place for years. Had Lai been in the country and knew an offside from a corner kick and had a decent executive team guarding his investment, then perhaps we would not be in the chumpionship!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Hope this is a joke talkSAFT as there are things which myself and Blood disagree with but not on this subject. Accounts are dear to my heart so do agree with him on this subject but hey people are entitled to different views. The dividend was confirmed by one poster of 27 million. Who was the shareholder/s and here lies the answer to where the funds went/were distributed. To walk away with a whacking dividend such as this an exit strategy would have been in place for years. Had Lai been in the country and knew an offside from a corner kick and had a decent executive team guarding his investment, then perhaps we would not be in the chumpionship!
    I agree. Also
    Had he saw what a clown we had as manager. He wouldn't have gave him over £40m to keep us in the Premier League.

Al, don't forget the c??? recommended to Lai, the useless, unemployed Williams.

it's like he set us to fail.

I just don't know jenkins left in the first place.

What is abundantly clear is Lai is a totally naive, clueless p rick. His appointment of the technical director confirmed that again.

We need a proper, skilled people to help jenkins asap, as Garlick has gone too and we people who know English football well.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Al, don't forget the c??? recommended to Lai, the useless, unemployed Williams.

it's like he set us to fail.

I just don't know jenkins left in the first place.

What is abundantly clear is Lai is a totally naive, clueless p rick. His appointment of the technical director confirmed that again.

We need a proper, skilled people to help jenkins asap, as Garlick has gone too and we people who know English football well.

Makes you wonder why Peace put Williams in place which would have been signed off by Lai? Then Pardew is appointed to join the old mates club! What's this Technical Director done apart from perhaps give advice to the local Italian restaurants? Then don't get me going with all these release clauses built in to players contracts............

As Peace was a complete disgrace to the memory of Regis then would you not have thought the greedy fecker would not have stumped up the few thousand to complete the Three Degrees Statue! Loose change to him but he does not do - emotion!

Again, Peace is of the same cloth of Ashley - a tight fisted greedy cxxx. Is the story not similar! Rafa being a good manager keeping a below average/under invested squad in the Premier League!!! Try working for Sports Direct on a zero hours contract!!! Try returning goods to Sports Direct for a refund - it's a nightmare!!! Greedy ****s get rich on the " do not haves".

PS - glad I did not get shares in West Brom. They are about as valuable as Newcy's sleeping bag on the streets of Dinglehampton!

"Accounts are dear to my heart so do agree with him on this subject but hey people are entitled to different views. The dividend was confirmed by one poster of 27 million. Who was the shareholder/s and here lies the answer to where the funds went/were distributed."

Hooray, someone who knows all about Company Accounts; perhaps you would be kind enough to answer a few questions for me.

1) Have you viewed the Accounts in question, those for West Bromwich Albion Football Club Ltd, made up to 30th June 2016?

2) On the basis that you have, will you confirm that the shareholding of this Company is held in two parts, of equal standing, in the name of West Bromwich Albion Group Ltd

3) Am I right in assuming that a dividend is paid only to the shareholders of a Private Company limited by a share issue. If so, the dividends amounting to £27 million, paid during the year ending 30th June 2016, must have gone to WBA Group Ltd

4) A natural extension therefore would be to look at the Accounts for the Company listed in (2) above. Have you seen these? If you have, then you would have noted that a total of 9620 shares have been issued, 8448 of these owned by Jeremy Peace (87.8%).

5) On viewing the Group Accounts, you would have noted that for the year ending 30th June 2016, it was the recommendation of the Director(s) that no dividend be paid. You would also have noted that Jeremy Peace was not a Director of WBA Group Ltd.

Now, on the basis of your comments quoted at the beginning, please can you explain how Jeremy Peace got his hands on the £27 million dividend paid by WBAFC Ltd.

Thank you in anticipation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)