+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The squad now

To be honest I thought Wardrop was pretty poor against the Pars. However, he's young and definitely has potential.

Don’t really get the whole Keatings love with some fans, I’ve not really seen anything from him to suggest he’s the 20+ goal striker that I thought we were signing at the time.

If we can shift him, Scobbie and send Smith on loan I’d be happy and might leave us enough room for another CB.

We are exploring loan options for a CB but this would all depend on who’s available and who we can shift as right now our squad is over budget.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Agreed it would be boring if we all agreed. Other than that I can't agree with anything you've said there
    I wasn't meaning your lineup was worse or better than Pissedoffs by the way. Just interesting to see the differences, and that was why I started the thread. Might be another 3 or 4 games before we see what lineup looks the best.
    Pity it's a 2 week wait now, but as someone said on another thread it might not be a bad thing as it gives players the extra time to work on fitness levels.
    I just like someone to give a reason for their choices like Pissedoff has done about Wardrop and Robson. Gives a better understanding of the way people are thinking when picking their squads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Don’t really get the whole Keatings love with some fans, I’ve not really seen anything from him to suggest he’s the 20+ goal striker that I thought we were signing at the time.

If we can shift him, Scobbie and send Smith on loan I’d be happy and might leave us enough room for another CB.

We are exploring loan options for a CB but this would all depend on who’s available and who we can shift as right now our squad is over budget.
    But Keatings has never had a chance to show much. Thought he was doing quite well when he arrived, right up until he got clobbered up at Buckie! From then on he has had his own demons, playing injured and recurring injuries before anyone gave him the chance to get back to normal. I just want to see if he can get the chance to see what he can do, and there is nobody at the club who can hit a dead ball better from just outside the box!

Would be happy if Scobbie can get another club and Smith needs game time which he wont get here just now. Needs to be more than one replacement is they rid all 5 mentioned in this thread!

I liked the eleven who started on Saturday but would be looking for the performance they gave in the first half to be maintained for the whole game, every game. A big ask I know!
    Really enjoyed the return of some positivity on the park and how that transferred to the terraces.

Is it a coincidence that there was positivity on the park and we were away from home???

Yes, it was

The fans were right behind the team last week until the awful performance drained that away

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Yes, it was

The fans were right behind the team last week until the awful performance drained that away
    Sorry shedka, but i didnt hear us get behind the team v Dunfermline! In fact i have not heard us get behind the team at Tannadice for a long time.

They weren't on the teams back, they were supportive, let's not make an excuse for last week, there wasn't a good atmosphere true in general (from either set of fans) but our fans weren't negative or on the players back, we responded well to them for the most part, they had a wee couple min flurry when 1 up early second half then decided to let dunfermline boss them the rest of the game when they had a chance to get the crowd going and press hold the advantage of finding ourselves ahead despite a poor first half

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    But Keatings has never had a chance to show much. Thought he was doing quite well when he arrived,
    Disagree with this chick, the run up to his injury he was posted missing more often that not. Never once though, aye, he'll do a job for us.

The stories surrounding him and McMullen and the instagram posts, scream unprofessional and definitely not the type of players we need at our club when fighting for promotion. See when you look at players we had last season and the stories of behavior/upset/trouble makers etc its no wonder we were so poor!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)