+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 11yo grandson.

My 11yo grandson.

Played in his first mens team game yesterday, he played for his clubs 2nd eleven he came on first change bowler, his figures were 6 overs 2 maidens 3 wickets for 12 runs. 1 caught, 1 bowled and 1 lbw this was against men playing with a full size ball off 22 yards. Tomorrow he plays in an U11's tournament with a junior sized ball off a 19 yard junior pitch.

Good going there, I bet the batsmen he got out were slightly peeved

Impressive.

Thanks boys, I overheard some of the players next day and they were saying it was not a fluke but genuinely good bowling with the ball swinging and seaming into the batters.

A proud granddad...rightly so GLM buddy. Does he get any County coaching ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    A proud granddad...rightly so GLM buddy. Does he get any County coaching ?
    Thanks Prando, yes he does get county coaching, he is with the Leicestershire U11's in a tournament at the moment in Taunton, delayed start meant they could only play a 20-20 game today bowled four overs for not many runs but didn't get a wicket today Kent U11's made 89-8 off their 20.

Leicestershire replied with 90-1 off 12 overs grandson did it with the bat today making 45*.

Good stuff GLM .

Glad to see it's still all going well GLM.
    Of my 6 grandchildren only one shows any sign of sporting acumen whatsoever. There is still hope for the youngest as she has only just turned one.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Glad to see it's still all going well GLM.
    Of my 6 grandchildren only one shows any sign of sporting acumen whatsoever. There is still hope for the youngest as she has only just turned one.
    Just take them to one or two of 'The chance to shine' programs that go on for all sports, I am sure they will find one that suits them Chris.

The 18yo is playing for Leicestershire Academy vs Worcestershire Academy at Bromsgrove CC. First of three days.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Good stuff GLM .
    Cheers 68.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)