+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relegation

Relegation

I know it's only 1 game .. But we showed spirit and dare I say desire .
    Brighton , Cardiff and Huddersfield looked very poor , Fulham started well but ultimately were not that good .. And Southampton are another who could struggle (due to mark Hughes being Shiite )

Quite positive for a mid table finish after a highly scientific analysis after 90 mins.

If we stay relatively injury free I don't foresee a relegation dog fight but it's only one game, obviously we can't really make a judgement yet, but I was impressed by the fight we put up. The game could have gone either way, if it wasn't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all.

There are other teams who i think are definitely worse than us however if we get hit with a glut of injuries we're ****ed because we have no quality depth.

I would gladly accept 17th right now.

[QUOTE=TheBigSausage;38978239]I know it's only 1 game .. But we showed spirit and dare I say desire .
    Brighton , Cardiff and Huddersfield looked very poor

Thems the 3 I predicted yesterday for the drop.

Thats not to say we are any better if a few injuries happen to key men, form drops through the floor following our tough opening fixtures or unrest sets in.

I am cautiously optimistic though.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I would gladly accept 17th right now.
    As would i sadly

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    i would gladly accept 17th right now.
    so would ashley!!! He would accept 17th for next 10 seasons if he could!!!
    F*t greedy c*nt

Look at the table as it is now.. That's Ashley's wet dream.. No relegation and no spend ... And come next May no £6m a year Rafa either ,

I think we're in trouble.

Not based on what I saw yesterday because we were unlucky to lose but because of how thin our squad is and how poor our back-up options are. We have Wanquillo as back-up for BOTH full back ppositions and Yedlin is a poor first choice anyway. If Shelvey gets injured there is NO creativity left in midfield, just workers. I hope Fernandez is ok because Clarke isn't strong enough for the Prem. I don't know what the crack is with Murphy (another Rafa doesn't fancy? ) but Atsu is garbage, let's be honest.

Up front????

FFs....Rondon might turn out to be a decent 'target man' but he's not a goalscorer, no idea about Muto but his goal record is similar to Rondon's recently isn't it? Perez reminded us that he's shite (but gets through a lot of work, blah, blah) and Joselu is just shocking (despite his goal-even a stopped clock is right once every 12 hours).

Because of Rafa, if we could keep everyone fit, we'd be ok but looking up the table thinking what might have been.

But, because of Ashley, one or two injuries, I think we'll end the season looking at a lot more teams and wondering what will be.

Sorry to be a little raincloud of doom.

I think you are spot on Zip .. But I think the bottom feeders in the prem are weak this season.
    Cardiff looked woeful and are certs , the hearts gone out of Hudd , Brighton just plain poor , Soton with the Hughes factor will be Shiite ,Fulham trying to integrate about 30 new players will struggle ... Wolves looked ok but Everton are woeful at the back so hard to judge.

Can see a 6-8 team relegation zone , not that we will be much above it .., depending on how the players react to a very likely minimum points take in the next 8 weeks or so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)