+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: James wilson signs

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    A question for you folks on here: Are you happy to go ahead this season with Wilson, Cosgrove, May and Anderson as our striker options or do we need another?
    I personally think we need another and would have Bruce Anderson starting our next match before any of the others. He looks a natural finisher and that is why he is confident in and around the box.
    we can bin cosgrove and may any time they like, go with Anderson and Wilson and bring in another (maybe even 2)

SF

Anderson definitely should start ahead of Cosgrove and May on Saturday particularly in a home cup game against St Mirren. He looks far likelier to score than either of these two and hopefully bring Wilson on later in the game.

Not starting with our better players is an insane policy
    Anderson from start - then replace him if necessary, not the other way around.
    Wilson too, if fit & effective.

Cosgrove has a timing problem IMO, if he can get back in the groove, may be decent enough
    anticipate more effectively
    May also needs some Jedi training

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    A question for you folks on here: Are you happy to go ahead this season with Wilson, Cosgrove, May and Anderson as our striker options or do we need another?
    I think I would.
    We only play one up top, so 4 should be enough.
    Mix in that we could also play McGinn in there and if absolutely stretched, I reckon Lewis Ferguson could do a job in there to hold up the ball and bring the midfielders into play.

If we are to get another striker in, I'd prefer it was a permanent signing.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think I would.
    Mix in that we could also play McGinn in there and if absolutely stretched, I reckon Lewis Ferguson could do a job in there to hold up the ball and bring the midfielders into play.

4 strikers who since May`s injury have barely scored double figures in goals between them all. Gearing up to be another exciting season under dismal Del and his game management snooze fest. If our only ambition is to finish second I would much rather we were an entertaining team who dish out drubbings to the likes of Thistle, Murderwell and the diets like we did in the days of Mixu and others.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think I would.

Except we played with 2 up front on Saturday.

We’ve had 2 strikers out and that’s 1 in so I’d like another. Agree preferably a permanent signing - and one with a proven track record up here like Rooney had.

If I was betting though I’d say that’s it for strikers sadly.

He also doesn’t appear to be looking at adding creativity in the middle at all which is very concerning as frankly we’ve got f uck all in there just now...

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    We are becoming a bit like a department in a hospital ... first they go to intensive care, then high dependency, followed by physio and then finally to Aberdeen FC. Do they all arrive at Pittodrie by ambulance!?
    Unfortunately reflects where we are in the financial pecking order. Players who've been playing well at a decent level can earn more elsewhere. We're usually gambling:

1. that someone who used to be good but hasn't been recently can recapture their previous form (Rooney, Reynolds, May, McGinn, Mackay-Stevens, Stewart, Maynard etc) OR
    2. that someone who's been playing well it at a lower level can step up (Hayes, Tansey, McLean, Quinn)

If they're category 1 the reason for the loss of form will often be injury. You could argue the toss whether a guy whose gone backward through injury is more of a risk than a guy who's gone backwards through simple loss of form and confidence. I don't think it's clear cut. It's a punt either way and unfortunately I think we'll always have as many if not more failures as successes.

Incidentally I think some of May's play has been encouraging. He looks fitter and sharper than he was after his injury last season. I'm not saying I'd bet my house on him having a decent season but he wouldn't be the first player to come here and have a poor first season then turn it round. Fingers crossed. A goal or two would help.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Incidentally I think some of May's play has been encouraging. He looks fitter and sharper than he was after his injury last season. I'm not saying I'd bet my house on him having a decent season but he wouldn't be the first player to come here and have a poor first season then turn it round. Fingers crossed. A goal or two would help.
    Agreed i think he was ok in Dundee game engineered a shot first half. I think he could be ok but needs someone playing up with him. I think that will be Wilson as Cosgrove doesn't look good enough at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Agreed i think he was ok in Dundee game engineered a shot first half. I think he could be ok but needs someone playing up with him. I think that will be Wilson as Cosgrove doesn't look good enough at this point
    Wow he engineered how many shots in 45 mins one you say bargain for £400,000

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast