+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derby game

People can predict wether we can keep this up if they want, i for one have enjoyed being a Leeds fan all be it for 2 games, please long may it continue, pleasing thing for me is i cant remember the last time we have played so well, must be years and years ago, difference to me from this time last year when we also started well is last season our wins were very lucky, this time awesome football no other word for it..

Agree and said much the same Pete - us old timers who remember the good old days have seen plenty of not so good days over the last twenty years.... some pretty crap ones and some lucky ones but it is ages since i've seen two such convincing wins on the trot against a couple of teams that will be near the top of this league come next May - IF we continue like this then we'll all be happy - but if not well it will have been good while it lasts - But I personally think Bielsa is not about to let it all fall away as it did last season.

Get Jansson and Blackman, Baker, and Harrison & Bamford in tomorrow night and give a few a rest hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Agree and said much the same Pete - us old timers who remember the good old days have seen plenty of not so good days over the last twenty years.... some pretty crap ones and some lucky ones but it is ages since i've seen two such convincing wins on the trot against a couple of teams that will be near the top of this league come next May - IF we continue like this then we'll all be happy - but if not well it will have been good while it lasts - But I personally think Bielsa is not about to let it all fall away as it did last season.

Get Jansson and Blackman, Baker, and Harrison & Bamford in tomorrow night and give a few a rest hopefully
    Agreed pal 100%.

Copy and paste from a Facebook group I'm in.
    Bielsa interviews - Phil Hay / Adam Pope

Bielsa on tomorrow's tie: "So far we've played only two games. Tomorrow many players who haven't played so far will play." Blackman, Shackleton, Jansson, Pearce, Baker, Roberts, Bamford, Harrison will all start

Bielsa on whether the League Cup is a priority: "Every official game is very important and we take it very seriously.

Bielsa on Leeds now being favourites for promotion: "If you think that we are favourites to go up, we've only played two games. We shouldn't trust this kind of affirmation because we've played only two games. Two games are not enough to make conclusions and we all know that."

Bielsa (to the source of the question): "You know that. You ask me a question but you don't believe in it. We've played less than five per cent of the Championship. On one side you have the hope that comes from the fans, on the other side we have to make an analysis, you and me."

Bielsa on loanees: says the club would look to add another player to the squad before the deadline passes on Aug 31

Bielsa on Shackleton, after his debut and new deal: "Shackleton has many skills to be a successful player. The most important thing is a maturity which does not correspond to this age."

"He makes choices that correspond to the skills he has, and that's difficult. He plays simply and he's dynamic."

Stuart Dallas - should be back shortly, within 20 days of his injury Bielsa says. Adam Forshaw will be more like a month.

Bielsa on the chance in knockout competitions of getting to Wembley: "I played there as manager of Argentina and it was an unforgettable experience. I don't know the new Wembley. I'd like to go there, and not as a spectator."

Conor Shaughnessy will play for the 23s against Coventry tonight and will be in the 18 tomorrow. Recovered from ankle surger

Bielsa didn't want to be drawn on when we'll be able to judge how good Leeds are under him. Said he tries not to pay attention to positive comments. "They don't make us better players."

Bielsa talking about Carlos Corberan's involvement with the senior coaching team: "He's a very important person for us. Players (like Shackleton) have been very seriously developed by Carlos. He brings to the team players we need.

Adam Pope

Bielsa on changes v Bolton: "Tomorrow many players who haven't played so far will play." Blackman, Shackleton, Jansson, Pearce, Baker, Roberts, Bamford, Harrison will all start. “ #lufc

MB says every official game is important. On being the new favourites to go up - he says two games is too early to say.

MB says we all know it’s too early to assess if #lufc are going to win promotion

MB on the hope of more loanees: “We will probably look at the opportunity of getting another player.”

Injuries: Dallas out for 20 more days & Forshaw 40 says Bielsa. Shaughnessy will play for the U 23s tonight & will be in the squad to face Bolton tomorrow

Fascinating press conference again from Bielsa who says the positive comments from outside the club are not something he takes too much notice of as “they don’t make us a better team. If we are demanding of ourselves the better we become.

Marcelo Bielsa: "I like Leeds, the region, the geography, the way the people are. I like the club, I like my players. They are very serious and professional players. They still have human qualities that are very important to me.

"Blackman, Shackleton, Jansson, Pearce, Baker, Roberts, Bamford, Harrison will all start"

who would have believed a month ago that these players would not have started yet and we'd be 2-0 with the schedule we had?

What was Bielsa doing tonight?

watching the under 23s

under 23s vs Coventry
    final score 2:1
    Dalby brace

Leeds United: Huffer, Nicell, De Bock, Shaughnessy, Struijk, Diaz, Stevens, Rey, Dalby, Ideguchi, Clarke.
    Subs: Miazek, Kamwa, McCalmont, Sarkic, Gotts.

I reckon he's a clever old fox is our Bielsa..always looking at the youth to see if there is a possibility of any of em stepping up if needed.

Think I am starting to fall in love with him

Has some huge fans in Argentina and Chile. He's a legend to Newells old boys fans.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Has some huge fans in Argentina and Chile. He's a legend to Newells old boys fans.
    If he got us promoted he'd be the most loved person at Elland Road since the 90s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)